Chapter Eighteen - Elizabeth; Chapter Nineteen - Daniel

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - ELIZABETH

            Paralysis set in once Danny left my room. After my crying had tapered off, he had held me tightly, allowing me to bury my face in his shoulder while I composed myself.

            Danny had affectionately stroked my hair. He had tenderly kissed my lips, taken my hands and gazed into my puffy, red eyes.

            “Please understand, I have to work on me. I’ll be a better man for you.”

            “I don’t know that I can understand,” I had responded sadly.

            “It’s for the best in the long run, you’ll see.”

            Then Danny had lifted my chin and kissed me. I could feel through this contact that he really did love me. My lips responded, and before we knew it, we were undressing each other and making love. 

            Nearly immediately we fell asleep, completely spent from the emotional turmoil, and from sharing our love the way we did best.

            When I woke, the sky was turning from dusk’s purple orange hues to early evening’s darkness. Danny and I were entwined on the narrow mattress like so many times before. His arm draped around me, holding me close as though I were his most precious belonging. I smiled, knowing that despite what was said earlier, I was.

            In sleep he looked so beautiful. Danny’s hair was a sexy mess and his closed full lips upturned, appearing content. He was calm, his breathing slow and steady. Serenity, that was the best description; he was in a state of serenity.

            Soon Danny would stir. I was on borrowed time for figuring out what I should do. Certainly I was angry, and I was hurt, but dissolving our relationship should be my decision, not his. I was the aggrieved.

            It was time for me to work my magic. Danny would see that only I could fulfill his needs. Danny would realize he didn’t want to break up at all. It was a purely emotional response to his guilt. 

            Certainly I was hurt. I couldn’t believe after all the progress we had made that he would again cheat on me, but I knew Vanessa meant nothing to Danny and he would never do it again. I would agree to rescind our break up, and out of gratitude he would agree to the couple’s counseling we so badly needed.

            Time was up. Danny would soon be stirring. Slowly, I didn’t want to wake him until I was ready, I moved my hand down and began delicately stroking him. Danny’s eyelids fluttered, regaining their awareness.

            “E?” his groggy voice was bewildered.

            I had scant moments left to captivate him. I slid down on the bed and began sucking on his hardening length.

            “Mmmm, Eli,” he quietly moaned, not completely comprehending.

            I continued sucking, swirling my tongue around his tip, feeling Danny’s hardness.

            “E,” he moaned, “What are you doing?”

            Ignoring him, I picked up my rhythm, and he responded, flexing his hips. I hated doing this, and Danny knew it, but desparate times called for desperate measures.

            “E, I’m going to come in your mouth,” Danny warned, yet his hands holding my head in place were a complete contradiction.