chapter 13

'malivore'

.

.

.

"So, are you going to ask her about that kiss or are you just going to pretend it never happened?" Hope asked lowly into Georgie's ear as they both watched Alaric prepare to start another assembly in the Grand Hall.  Georgie nudged her sharply in the side, causing the tribrid to snigger slightly as she smirked at her roommate getting all red in the face as she reminded her of the moment that she had witnessed between them.

"Shut up, Mikaelson," Georgie snarled, but there was no malice behind her words. With a heavy eye roll, she turned her attention back to the oldest Saltzman while being completely oblivious to the eyes of the darkest haired Saltzman resting on the side of her head.

"Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future..." Alaric announced, starting their assembly with a much different topic than Hope or Georgie had predicted that morning. Georgie looked down the row to her left, noticing how his eyes flickered to Josie and Lizzie who were smiling in surprise at him. Hope followed her line of sight, knowing that he must have been talked over by the twins. "And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made."

Hope and Georgie both snickered under their breath as they watched the twins exchange a low-five, sharing a knowing look as their joint suspicion was confirmed from the small action between the siphoners. Georgie looked back up to the podium, her eyes narrowing slightly as she noticed Matt Donovan was also standing to the side of the room - which was especially unnerving since he hadn't seemed to have taken his glance off of her the entire time.

"So, I am forming an honour council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf—each elected by their peers, along with Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students," Alaric announced, causing chatter to spread across the student body instantly. Georgie didn't have much interest in that, knowing that she didn't exactly confirm to any of the three main factions but also not particularly thinking her view was that important to the rest of the student body either. "Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed."

Georgie almost groaned in protest as Hope grabbed her wrist as everyone began to go back with their day, having just even informed that she was going to be running testing spells on Landon Kirby to find out if he actually was supernatural or not. The Lockwood girl knew she wasn't able to help, since Emma had already told her earlier on that the spells required a witch's powers - which was the one thing Georgie lacked.

Hope continued to drag Georgie outside, not noticing how Sheriff Donovan was sighing and following them out to the lawn. Hope raised her hand in annoyance as she pulled them closer where Alaric was clearly trying to leave the school, causing the SUV door to slam shut as he let out a dry chuckle before turning to see who was trying to stop him now.