Chapter 15

Zhao Yunlan and Chu drove them to the Guardian City on that night and they arrived at the motel about sunrise. In the middle of journey, Lin and Sang took over the turn to drive just to let Zhao Yunlan and Chu to take their rest. The journey to that city is smoothing without any problem. Shen Wei at the side of Zhao Yunlan whether at front or at back seats just took her sleeping while holding Da Qing in her arms. Yezhun also just slept through the journey in Chu's car.

''This is the closest motel I can found from the scent of that sundial you told me, Wei,'' Lin told.

''It's okay, Lin! I will try to track again soon,'' Shen Wei told as she put down her backpack on the couch in that motel room and Lin walks away to his room.

''Weiwei, please wake up me up after an hour, okay?'' Zhao Yunlan requested as he leaned his body on the couch while using the backpack of Shen Wei as his pillow.

Shen Wei just ignored her backpack underneath Zhao Yunlan's head and she just leans closer to Zhao Yunlan's face before she gives a light kiss on that cheek of her lover.

''Don't sleep much, Yunlan! We need to hurry before that beast gets that sundial before us,'' Shen Wei reminded but still she wants Zhao Yunlan takes a rest for a while since her lover was driving through the journey and just gave to Lin for two hours.

''Hmm...'' Zhao Yunlan just replied shortly and within a second, he drowns in his sleep.

Shen Wei smiles to see her lover is sleeping soundly on that couch. She walks out from the motel and gets Yezhun with Da Qing in the next motel room of Lin and Zhu. Yezhun just playing with Da Qing's cat form in that room while waiting for Zhu and Lin to come out from the bathroom.

''How is Zhu?'' Shen Wei asked to Yezhun and Da Qing.

''Still vomiting. Lin is in there, helping her,'' Da Qing replied.

''Her snakes venom is growing much inside her body. Her face is paler through the journey and she keeps vomiting till now,'' Yezhun added.

''Where is Yunlan?'' Da Qing asked as he saw no Zhao Yunlan with Shen Wei.

''I let him sleep for now. He looks so tired with the drive,'' Shen Wei told and she walks into the bathroom to check on Zhu.

As Lin saw Shen Wei at there, he leaves Zhu to Shen Wei to be handled. Shen Wei gets Zhu that still in the middle of vomiting.

''It's painful, Wei! And itchy!'' Zhu whined while clenching her hands on the side of sink in that bathroom.

Shen Wei nods understand. She can see Zhu's eyes are starting to change to red. Her body is itchy and slowly the scales grow on her body. Shen Wei holds Zhu's face with her both hands and she looks at the red eyes of Zhu. But Zhu tried to avert her look at Shen Wei.

''Zhu, look at me now! Look at my eyes,'' Shen Wei said and Zhu did what she was told by her cousin.

''What's happening to me now, Wei? I can see you clearly and I can hear your heartbeat clearly now. Not even you, but their heartbeats too at outside. I feel like I want to eat you and them now. But that thought made me want to vomit,'' Zhu whined.

''You are changing now, Zhu,'' Shen Wei told.

''Change to what?'' Zhu asked as she can't think anything now with that pain inside her body.

Shen Wei unbottons Zhu's jacket and she takes off that jacket from Zhu's body, revealing Zhu's scale arms. Zhu looks at her own arms as Shen Wei gazed her to look. Her eyes widened to see her scale arms.

''You are changing to a snake, Zhu. The snake venom inside your body is growing more and more. You are awakening now, Zhu! That sundial reincarnation has affected to your awakening. That's why you keep feeling that painful changing inside you as closed you are to that sundial in this city. I am confident that sundial is not far from this place. And you, you need to let out that changing inside you. Don't hold that change, Zhu! The more you hold that change, the more painful you are,'' Shen Wei advised.