MTMR chapter 11 Teaser

Chapter 11*

November 2012

"No, Andy! That's dirty, honey," I said, running after one of my oldest son that had just learned how to run and was still picking things up and putting them in his mouth. "Yucky!" I grabbed his hand and took the bottle cap out of his clasped fingers. He pouted and his little eyebrows pulled together and his bottom lip jutted out. His clear blue eyes started to tear up and I knew I had to do damage control before I had a wailing baby on my hands.

I picked him up from the ground as I threw away the cap and bounced him on my hip. "It's alright, Mommy's not mad, I just don't want you getting sick," I told him, smoothing his blond waves off of his forehead. 'Or contracting hepatitis,' I added in my head.

"Babe, he's fine," my husband said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arm around my waist. He bent over and kissed Jr. on his head before kissing me briefly on the mouth. "Jinxx just threw that at CC five minutes ago. It's clean, I swear."

I squinted my eyes at him in a glare. "Really? Do you know what types of germs are crawling around on this floor? How many groupies or performers have probably puked on this floor?" I raised one eyebrow at him, daring him to challenge me. When he raised one hand in surrender, I smirked and said, "Exactly."

We were at a venue in San Bernardino, California for Metalfest VI and it was the first concert that I had brought Jr. and Ali to. I wasn't normally concerned about the germs and the pasts of the venues, but I couldn't help my maternal instinct that kicked in and told me to keep my babies safe and clean. Luckily, I had left Ben at home with my brother and his girlfriend or else I'd probably break down and have a panic attack over the germs.

"Zandy!" a distinct, British accent called out to me. I turned on my heel, breaking eye contact with Andy, and spotted my favorite Brits. The boys from Asking Alexandria came striding over. They all clapped Andy on the shoulder and then gave me hugs. Surprisingly, they didn't smell like alcohol or cigarette smoke, which was refreshing.

"Hey guys," I greeted, shifting Jr. on my hip. I glanced around the room and saw that Ali was in the safety of Jake's arms, content with flicking the strings on her godfather's guitar. He had been trying to warm up for the show since they'd be on in a little over a half hour, but he didn't seem to mind that she had interrupted. He just smiled down at her and laughed when she actually strummed a few strings and her eyes widened at the vibration on her hand. She couldn't hear it, but she could feel the strings moving, and that was new to her. I chuckled at one of my babies, too, and went to join them on the couch.

The Asking Alexandrua guys went around gretting people and Ben and Andy started talking and catching up. They had grown really close over their tour together the previous year and had obviously missed the other when they were out doing their own thing.

"Hey, Z," Jake greeted, his focus still on my daughter.

"Hi, Jake," I said, giving him a smile. He looked up at me and smiled back before looking back at Ali.

"It's too bad she can't hear it," he said, his smile disappearing momentarily. "She'd probably be a really good guitartist."

For some reason, out of all our friends, Ali's deafness was the hardest on Jake. It might have been beacuse he felt responsible for her. Afterall, if anything happened to Andy and I, Jake and Sammi would be responsible for Ali, as Jinxx and Lottie would took care of Jr. and Ben would go to CC and Scout. Maybe this all stemmed from the fact that he knew that he had that responsibility if anything did happen and she'd essentially be his daughter, for all intents and purposes. But he did have a protectiveness over her that I had been noticing more and more lately.

"Yeah, she probably would be," I agreed. I reached over and ran my hands through her short blond waves. She turned her head to look at me and her face brightened. She signed, *Mama* and pointed to the guitar. I quickly remembered the sign for guitar and positioned my hands like I was going to play, strumming three times. "Guitar," I told her verbally. She cocked her head and slapped the body of the guitar. I showed her the sign again and repeated the word a few times, hoping she'd get it. After a few more times, she made the sign and I smiled. She was a quick learner, thank goodness.

"She picked that up quick," Jake commented.

"Yeah, she's a fast learner. I can teach her probably five or six new signs each day," I told him.

"What was today's?" he asked.

"We had 'toy', 'banana', 'cereal', 'shoes' and now 'guitar'," I said, showing him the signs as I said the word. Ali, still watching, made the signs after I did, pointing to her shoes on her feet after I had said 'shoes'. She was quick, and I was beyond grateful for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

Okay, so I decided to give you a little teaser of the new chapter, since I have no idea when I'll be able to actually finish it. The end of the semester is around the corner and I don't know how much time I'll have with all my tests and projects and things. So, I figured I'd give this to you now and hopefully the whole chapter by Christmas break. Also, I didn't know if this sounded right. It's been a very long time since I've written for Andy and Zandy, so I don't know if it still flows. So, your feedback is very much appreciated.

Do me a huge favor and please vote, comment, like, fan, all that jazz to show me that you're still reading or you still like this. I love you guys for sticking around through all this.

I'll hopefully see you soon. Probably in two or three weeks.

P.S. Go check out @Andysgirl64 She seems pretty rad, een though I haven't read her stories and I just found out about her today haha. I do plan on reading her stories, though. So please, go check her out. She also kind of inspired me to do this today :)

--Nikki