Chapter 8

The next morning he took me to go get my car from my house. I was able to see my mom. She looked like she was finally able to sleep again. Conrad told me he was going be running errands for awhile and gave me his spare house key. I headed into town, I wanted to try to find away to fight that thing. I decided my best option was to head to the church.

I never really liked going into churches. My mom tried taking me when I was little, but each time I went I always ended up getting sick. She eventually stopped taking me altogether. That was years ago, now it was my first stop if I wanted to make it.

I pulled into the parking lot, it was a Friday so there wasn't to many people there. The tall brick Victorian building loomed over the parking lot. The stained glass windows were captured the rays of sun that shined down on it. High above the bell tower was a gold cross. What was meant to give a sense of comfort and sanctuary, only filled me with a sense of dread. I didn't belong here.

I took a deep breath, as long as I make it fast I'll be fine. I open the big heavy wooden doors. I walked in the main cathedral was painted in the colors of the glass windows that dipicted scenes of Jesus, Mary, and Adam and Eve. All of their eyes staring at me, I didn't like it.

I went down the hall into the office rooms and past the receptions desk. The woman who sat there saw me and stared. It made her uncomfortable, she knew about me. They all knew, and it shocked her to see me here. I tried to pretend not to noticed her and just continued walking down the hall.

I stopped in front of a glass door that read Pastor Johnson, Christina's father. He looked like he was writing some sort of document. I walked in and without looking up he started welcome me, before trailing off in the middle of his sentence once he saw it was me.

"Silvia, as I live and breathe the lord has finally brought you back to us," he beamed standing up from his desk.

"Hi," I said standing there.

"Welcome, come on in. Have a seat don't be shy now," he was so inviting.

I sat down before him." Now what can I do for ya?"

"Well, as you're aware. I need help with my, um, situation. I don't know where to start, so I figured here was the best place," I explained. I started to feel knots in my stomach.

"Well yes, as I understand it was you're mother, as devoted as she is, that made a deal with the devil. You are in quite the predicament. The devil is not someone to mess around with. However what's done is done, we can't change that. But not to worry we'll find salvation for you yet," he was so reassuring.

"I've tried heavy prayer, exorcisms, ritualistic cleansing and so far nothing's worked," I warned him, but that didn't deter him.

It's true Father Goldworth tried all these things and yet nothing worked. Some of them like the exorcism actually hurt. I had grown tried of being hopeful, I wasn't hopeful, I was desperate.

"What about baptism?"

"No, my mother wouldn't let me get baptize unless it was done by the church. Thought  that was a problem since in order to be baptized by the church you had to be a member of the church and I was always unable to attend."

"Well normally, you do have to be a member and attend three class sessions before getting baptized. But given your situation, I think I could make an exception."

The feeling of nausea started to grow more. I needed to hurry this up. He explained to me that I would first need a witness. My mom was to far and Leia was still on watch in the hospital for another two days. Conrad, he was the closest. I was afraid that since he didn't believe in this stuff he wouldn't come. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.