Chapter 2

Tom Welling as Kyle Parker <3

---------------

Kyle's POV

"Damn it!" I cursed out loud. I pricked my fingers on one of the roses in the garden. I put the pricked finger into my mouth to stop the bleeding. Hissing at the sharp pain, I stood up from kneeling in front of the rose bed and trudged towards my house. I went straight to the kitchen and opened the tap. I ran my finger under the running water.

I heard soft footsteps coming from behind me and then she stood beside me, trying to tiptoe in front of the sink. Her little fingers grabbed the edge of the sink top before her little head popped up over the counter top.

"Again, daddy?" Maya exclaimed.

"Those darn roses, baby." I simply said and gave a smile. She turned around before running towards the drawer, at the kitchen island. I watched her actions as she pulled the drawer and took out a Mickey Mouse band aid. I closed the tap and went towards her. I crouched down to her eyes level and held out my finger. She ripped open the band aid packaging before placing it on my finger and finished wrapping the sticky part around.

"There. All done." She chuckled. I let out a soft chuckle before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you baby girl." I said before kissing her chubby cheeks. My five years old daughter let out a fit of giggles when I attacked her with more kisses.

"Stop. It tickles." She whined. I stared into her big blue eyes before nodding my head.

"Do you want to come with daddy to the market tomorrow?" I asked her. She nodded her head eagerly.

"I want to see Mr and Mrs Borris and Mrs Ling!" She spoke out. I let out a laugh.

"Alright. You can see them tomorrow then." I replied to her.

After my wife had died in childbirth five years ago, it was always only me and Maya. I can't bring myself to marry again because I am still in love with my late wife. Maya's spitting images of her mother, those deep ocean blue eyes and shiny brunette curly hair.

Every Sunday I would go to the farmer's market to sell flowers. It was what my wife wanted to do before she died. So, to fulfill her wish, I worked hard growing flowers in our backyard to sell it at the market. I am also in the business of landscaping on weekdays. I often go to other residents' houses to design their backyard. The sound of a car from outside caught both of our attention.

"Your grandma is here." I said and her face was filled with excitement. She ran to the door and opened it before yelling out. I followed behind her and pulled the door a bit wider. I smiled when my mom was in sight.

"Grandma!" Maya called out.

"There's my little angel!" My mom spoke while opening her arms. Maya ran excitedly towards her grandma and they both hugged each other. My mom lifted her little body kissing her cheeks. I walked towards my mom and helped her carry the stuff on her hand.

"Thank you dear." She thanked me and I gave her a soft smile. Both of her arms are now preoccupied by Maya. Both of us walked into the house. I put down the stuff she brought on the kitchen counter. I started to put away the things while she's playing with Maya in the living room. The sound of Maya's giggling echoed throughout the house. I smiled seeing her being so happy around her grandma.

I took out some raw chicken from the fridge and began to cook dinner. My mom entered the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Do you need help, sweetie?" I shook my head when my mom offered some help.