Chapter 4

Kyle's POV

I couldn't focus on my work today. My mind was still wandering about what had happened last Tuesday. It had been a month now after that happened. When Maya called Tyler mommy, I was furious and hurt. How could she call a stranger that. A guy nonetheless. I let out a heavy sigh. I pressed the bridge of my nose with my index finger and thumb.

I had called Mrs Benington that I would start renovating next month so that I won't have to go to that house and see Tyler because I know if he was even on my line of sight, I would've punched him in the face right then and there.

I glanced at my watch and it was 4.30pm. I wrapped up my work before grabbing my bag and went out of my office. I arrived at my mom's house to pick up Maya. Maya has been acting weird. She refused to eat sometime, she wasn't happy as before and sometimes she would rebel, not wanting to do anything.

I walked into the house and Maya was in the living room watching Spongebob. I went to the kitchen to see my mom was brewing tea. I sat on the dining table. My mom sat in front of me before placing a mug of hot tea in front of me.

"Thanks, mom." I said and she gave me a soft smile as response.

"How's Maya today?" I asked after taking a sip of the hot tea.

"She's healthy if that's what you're asking." She simply said. I looked into the mug. The steam from the hot tea evaporates in the air.

"I don't know what to tell you, Kyle. She kept on mentioning she wanted to see that Tyler boy." She whined.

"I can't bring her to see him again, mom." I hissed.

"Why?" She asked. I snapped my head towards her. She perfectly knows the reason why.

"You know why, mom." I retorted. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Just because she called him 'mommy'?" I scoffed at the last remark.

"That is why I always asked you to start dating, Kyle. So that she could have a mother figure in her life. And you better find one quick because she would get very attached to that boy one way or another if you don't do something about it." I thought about what she said for a while. Perhaps I should start dating and hoping Maya would get over Tyler.

"Fine. I'll start dating." I gave up. Suddenly she pushed a piece of paper towards me.

"Give her a call. She's a nice lady." My mom smirks. I took the paper and gazed into it. The paper contains a woman's name and her phone number.

We arrived home from my mom's house after staying for dinner. Maya fell asleep on the way home and I tucked her in her bed. I went to my bedroom and took out the paper from my pocket. I look into it for a while, contemplating whether or not I should give her a call.

I cursed under my breath and took out my phone. I dialed the number and held it against my ear. On the third ring, a soft voice was heard on the other side.

"Hello?" The woman answered.

"Hello. Is this Amanda Evans?" I asked.

"Yes. This is she. May I know who's calling?" She asked back.

"Um. This is Kyle Parker. I'm Gina Parker's son." I introduced myself. There was a silence for a moment before she spoke.

"Oh. You're Kyle. Nice to finally meet you." She replied.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you too." I said in response.

"Would you like to go out for some coffee sometime, if that's okay?" I asked. I don't want to beat around the bushes as I don't know how to flirt.