II - Love and Doubt

“Hyah” a girl, which seemed to be in her late teens with short black hair, grunted as she managed to hit the ball with her racket managing to direct it back to the other side.

“Haa” the girl on the other side ran as she saw the ball hit the ground in her lane before lunching towards her. She hardly managed to hit the ball but ended bulleting it to the opposing side.

The tennis match was almost at its end, with the black hair girl just one shot away from claiming victory and winning the finals.

But the red-head on the other side was being extremely stubborn and standing in her way of victory; for she also had her eyes on the prize and was aiming to win.

It was an uptight match with the audience, consisting of all female high school students, anxiously watching. Most of the students were on the edge, every time they thought a ball would overtake.

The Final match in the Tournament was between third year Akane Takahashi and third year Miho Yoshida. Both determined to leave this match as victorious.

Halting in her step, Miho absorbed as Akane directed the ball from the right corner and lunching it at medium strength toward the middle of the dark-hair girl’s field, giving her an advantage.

Taking the opportunity, Miho sprinted closer to the tent hitting the ball with all her strength towards the opposite corner in where Akane stood.

Akane watched helplessly as the yellow tennis ball hit the ground, far from her reach, before passing her lane and causing her to be beaten; if it wasn’t for her mistake.

“Damn it!” the red head girl cursed breathing heavily while fatigue started dominating over her body.

The crowd started cheering as the game has reached the end, and as a winner has been claimed. They started clapping and applauding both girls for the great match.

Making sure to have taken deep breathes, Akane made her way towards the net to meet with the winner and politely congratulate.

Meeting right next to the net, both girls shook hand, both genially smiling at each other. “Good game, almost got me there for a second” the black hair girl stated as she shook her hand with Akane while resting her racket on top of her shoulder

“Thanks and congratulation for winning you deserve it” Akane courteously replied, ending the handshake with a nod from both of the girls before both exited the court.

---------------------------

Having took a cold shower and later changed from her tennis outfit to her school uniform, Akane walked through her school gate.

Throughout the way, she would wave to some friends of her and get compliments from several of students that saw her game.

Stopping right outside the gate, Akane glanced at the small trophy in her hand. It’s shape of a woman swinging her racket vertically and has the name ‘Akane Takahashi’ written below, right next to ‘Second Place’.