Sunrises and dramatics

(A/N: HI!! okay so real quick I just want to say Thank You to my very best friends, (or my baes) Jan and Mel for helping me out with this chapter the following 3-4 (+) and just for helping me improve the plot more. I love yall more than anything, thank you. okay, mwah Thanks for reading this and the story and for the help and just AHHH everything, enjoy the controlled chaos :) )

As you began to wake up, you heard someone go up the stairs, the floorboards were creaking under their weight. the room was poorly lit from the sun that had just started rising so you could see a little bit but not much. you looked around and saw Mikey and frank were still asleep, as well as Ray of course. but Gerard was nowhere to be seen. he was probably the one who went upstairs, but why? you tried to get up but Rays arm held you down. you blushed a bit and looked back at him, smiling at his sleeping face. he always had a cute sleeping face but somehow it got cuter now that he was older. you carefully moved his arm off you and got up, replacing your body with your pillow. leaning over and covering Ray up better. you looked over at Frank and saw him all sprawled out on the couch, the blanket was barely on him. you let out a sigh and covered him completely as well. you looked over at Mikey and saw he was fine, was he the only one who knew how to sleep around here?

you went up the stairs quietly and looked all over the place for Gerard, but he was nowhere to be found. you went up to the third floor and saw a window that led out to the roof was open. you peeked your head out the window and saw him on his phone, you climbed out on the roof and carefully walked over to him, he looked up at you and smiled a bit at you before looking back at his phone. you sat down next to him and held your knees to your chest,

"you doing okay?" you asked looking at him, he typed on his phone before sending a message and closing his phone,

"yeah I'm fine, I was just feeling a bit claustrophobic in there and wanted to text someone in peace without listening to everyone's snoring," he looked away from the rising sun and at you, "are you okay? why are you up this early?"

"Oh I just heard you get up so I just wanted to check to see if you were okay," he got another message and he read it with a smile on his face and responded quickly,

"it's really nice to meet you, I know I've been a bit quiet with you but really it is a pleasure to meet one of Ray's friends," he got distracted by another text and lost what he was saying, "so uhm," he looked up from his phone for a second, "you said you moved out and came here when you graduated?" he asked, looking back at his phone and smiling,

"Yeah, I kinda had to. my home life wasn't exactly the perfect white picket fence family. I just had to get out of there," you said softly, you looked up at the sky and watched the sunrise,

"if you don't mind me asking, what all happened?" you hesitated for a bit, digging your finger pads into your flesh a bit,

"uhm," you stumbled, you never told anyone this other than Ray and his mother, "well, my dad was always either at work or at home passed out, but my mother was a beast. she was always drunk or on some type of drug, so that was one reason why I spent most my life living at Ray's, but she was very manipulative and always talked down to me, but yet she could treat my brother like a king." you sighed and closed your eyes, "she got worse when I was in high school because I couldn't go by Ray's anymore because they moved, so I had to deal with her, and it was just me and her because Troy moved out and dad had passed. she would comment on my weight, the way I dressed, my grades, everything."

he closed his phone and set it down next to him, "she sounds horrible, I'm sorry you had to go through with all that, but at least you had Ray and his family to take care of you for the time being, but is she the reason why you don't drink?"