Barrel Runs and Open Wounds

As the barrels drifted down the river, elves ran along the banks, attempting to get the dwarves back. Legolas yelled in Elvish and a few of the elves shut a gate, stopping the dwarves from going any further.

"No!" Thorin yelled. The elves went to capture the Company, when an arrow zoomed through the air, hitting one of the elf guards, causing the elf to fall. Y/n looked over and saw several orcs on the opposite bank.

"Watch out!" The orcs start attacking the elves, leaving the dwarves in the literal middle of the situation.

"Get over the bridge!" But that's when the orcs start attacking them, too! Y/n shot fireballs at the orcs, who dodged her attacks.

"Die!" Dwalin shouted. Kili hopped out of his barrel and began to race up the bridge. Y/n - realizing what he was doing - followed suit, ducking under orcs and elves alike to follow him. Kili screamed as an arrow lodged itself in his thigh.

"KILI!!" Y/n yelled. She glared at the orc who shot him and shot a fireball at him, and it hit his chest, turning his skin black and ashen. Another orc came at Kili, but Y/n faced him. The orc seemed to cower as Y/n sent another fireball towards him, and he fell into the water. Legolas,Tauriel, and the other elves attack the orcs with more than before. Kili reached up and pulled down the lever, releasing the gate, sending the dwarves downriver. He managed to jump into an empty barrel as Y/n continued to fight the orcs with fire.

"Y/n! Let's go!" Thorin called. Y/n jumped off the bridge and flew to the dwarves, landing in an empty barrel.

"Kili, are you okay?" Y/n asked. Kili nodded slowly as the barrels continued down the river. The current slowed, meaning it was easier for the dwarves to get to shore. Several of the dwarves talked to one another, and Y/n pulled herself onto some rocks, breathing heavily as she sat down. Kili fell to his knees, earning the attention of some of the dwarves.

"I’m fine, it’s nothing."

"On your feet," demanded Thorin.

"Kili’s wounded, his leg needs binding," Fili said.

"There’s an Orc pack at our tail. We keep moving."

"To where?" Balin questioned.

"To the mountain, we’re so close," stated Bilbo.

"A lake lies between us and the mountain. We have no way to cross it," Balin said.

"So we go around."

"The Orcs will run us down as sure as daylight. We’ve no weapons to defend ourselves. Y/n's the only one who has weapons," Dwalin complained.

Thorin turned to Fili. "Bind his leg, quickly. You have two minutes." Y/n was at Kili's side, looking at the wound. An idea sparked in her head and she turned to the group of dwarves.

"Can a few of you help me?"

"What do you need, lass?" Balin asked as he, Fili, and Bilbo came over. She held up a finger, signalling to give her a second.

"Kili? I have an idea. Granted, it will hurt like nothing else, but it might stop the bleeding. Would you like me to try?" Y/n asked the dark haired archer.

"Go ahead," he said through gritted teeth.

Y/n turned to the three. "Hold him down, please." Each one of them grabbed Kili, holding him down. Y/n took a shaky breath and rubbed her hands together, and they warmed to the point that they were like fire, but not on fire. She looked at Kili and spoke.

"3... 2..." she paused, inhaling sharply. "1." She pressed her hands to his wound, and he screamed in pain. Y/n's eyes closed as tears fell at the sound of his agony. His screams echoed off nearby hills, making them seem more agonizing than they actually were. Y/n opened her teary eyes to look at Kili's face, to see sweat dripping down his forehead. Through his squinting eyelids, he saw Y/n, surrounded by a brilliant white light. She seemed almost angelic, and it seemed to calm him down for a second, before another shot of pain ran through him.