Kitsune

The front door opened slowly. Faber peered out, looking very old in the light and very fragile and very much afraid. The old man looked as if he had not been out of the house in years. He and the white plaster walls inside were much the same. There was white in the flesh of his mouth and his cheeks and his hair was white and his eyes had faded, with white in the vague blueness there. Then his eyes touched on the book under Montag's"

Oliver had a soft spot for Noah when he read to him in the day. He enjoyed hearing Noah's voice although it has grown a bit raspy from reading aloud so much in the past few days. At that moment, Oliver was in the art room with Noah, hemming some of his old clothes to fit Noah. Oliver's Grandmother had taught him how to sew, and it was like riding a bike, you never forget.

Noah turned the page and stopped for a breath. In that one breath, he saw the past month flicker in front of him. It nearly brought him to tears because now he didn't want to go back, ever. Everything was more enjoyable with Oliver, he felt so cherished. He wanted to stay here with him.

"What're you thinking about, angel?" Oliver spoke up, noticing the distant look in his eyes. Oliver worried about what he's done to Noah most nights, but he appeared fine now. Oliver genuinely appreciated Noah's company, he had spent most of his life alone. He saw Noah shrug and sigh in response to his fruitless answer. Oliver avoided prying at Noah because he always resented that as a child. It's the only way with Noah sometimes, though.

"What happens when the police find me?" Noah whispered, a pout forming at his cupid bow lips. Oliver laughed softly and shook his head.

"I won't let them take you away from me. Or me away from you." Oliver stated. He doubted the police would find him. He's lived in this house longer than they had been hunting him down. He wasn't sure how he had done it, but he had. Noah felt a little more reassured and gave a satisfied nod. He reached over to the side table and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket. Oliver looked up once again from his sewing project when he heard the crunch.

"We need to go to the store. I have to restock the fridges." Oliver noted to himself, seeing Noah's confused face. Oliver needed to get used to having Noah going everywhere with him, leaving him at the house was unsafe. So, Oliver had made Noah his own mask to wear. It wasn't like his Anonymous mask, Oliver thought it fit Noah's personality much more. Oliver had molded it out of clay and painted it. "This is for you." Oliver smiled and handed Noah the mask fitted for his petite face.

A wide grin formed across his face. A kitsune shaped mask with a golden orange nose and eyeliner painted onto it, designed with light pink cherry blossoms, rose-colored ribbon, and a cherry coated tassel. He reached the strap back and pulled it over his head, it stopped at the tip of his nose. The structure mimicked a masquerade mask look, and Noah thought it fit his personality too.

He lifted it up over his head and hugged Oliver, planting a kiss on his cheek. They exchanged those kisses quite often but avoided anything on the lips. Oliver was actually respectful of Noah's body, and Noah really appreciated that. Isaiah wasn't anything like that, he was rough with Noah and made him feel powerless.

"You'll need it for our trip to the store tomorrow." Oliver chuckled as he held up the finished sweats for Noah to go try on.

"Big plans, huh?" Noah said with a teasing tone. He took the pants to go try on, "Thank you, Oliver." He rubbed the top off Oliver's head of hair and hurried off.