eight

Once, when some of our post-its got lost and when I decided to do a Doctor Who marathon, hence I didn’t go out, Maca and I exchanged some words regarding escaping this world. Time travelling might not be possible—we all know the Doctor is real so whatever—but not because we don’t have a TARDIS doesn’t mean we can’t visit other worlds. There are other TARDIS for us, they allow us to leave our own problems behind and just focus on other things. And I’m happy that Maca and I agree on this. This is probably one of my favourite post-its she’s ever left when I mentioned getting lost in something to the point to forget the world outside.

     Indeed those are the best. For me books are an escape to another world. TV shows are an addiction.  Music is my personal bubble.

And so far I’ve taken her to books, I’ve given her more ways to escape to another world. I’ve given her a meeting with whovians so she can talk about her addiction. Now I just have to give her music. How can I not? It’s her personal bubble and I want to show her how much more amazing this can be, the different ways in which we can live it.

That’s why I’m taking her with Lee Won and her musical gang. These guys are amazing and this girl is the leader of the band. She’s a Korean exchange student, although I think she’ll stay here forever. I mean, she’s already stayed years and I don’t think she has plans of ever leaving. Maybe to another country, but not back home. She still has loads of things to do.

I met when I was still studying and when I wanted to find someone so talented that would blow my mind. I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for, but I found her and her band and they are so talented. They are street musicians and every Sunday going to see them is probably one of the things I enjoy the most. They don’t just play covers, they re-make them, they own them and create a whole new experience. And no matter what song you ask them for, they will pull it off and blow your mind.

If I don’t make Maca come here and meet them, then I will never forgive myself. As someone who loves music, she’ll appreciate these guys. So I go to Lee Won’s part time job to ask her to help me and also convince her mates to join her.

She works on a bookshop and she’s busy when Archie and I walk in, so we have to wait until she finishes with the costumer.

“Are you planning to bring Maca to this bookshop? But you’re sending her to Mr McDean already. And I thought you said you’ll send her to music now,” Archie questions out loud and I shake my head.

“Remember Lee Won’s band? I want her to give Maca the next letter,” I explain but Archie is still frowning. “I want Maca to see them perform live so I’m here to ask her to play for Maca when she gets there. That’s all.”

“Ah, okay. I don’t think she’ll have problem, though. They perform every Sunday, right?” I nod. “So it’s not like you’re asking them to break their routine or anything. She’ll be the easiest to persuade.”

“Yeah, most likely,” is all what I say and we keep waiting.

Lee Won is a really nice girl, energetic and super fun, but she’s also hard to convince although I don’t tell Archie this. It’s not because she doesn’t want to help, on the contrary, she has no problem with that. The problem is that she needs to understand before agreeing to do something and I don’t know how much I’ll be able to share so she can understand and finally agree.

“Reid, Archie!” Lee Won exclaims coming to us after her costumer leaves. We greet her with a big smile and a small nod. She’s been here for years already, but we’re still respectful of her personal space. “What a surprise to see you here. Are you looking for something?”