Chapter 15 - Decisions, Decisions.

Taylor

I grabbed the suitcase beside my bed and rolled it outside my room into the hallway.

“Do you have everything?” Abby wrapped her arms around me and asked.

I nodded and grabbed my macbook and packed it into the laptop bag before swinging it over my shoulder. I was definitely going to miss this room. I’ve lived in this house and this neighborhood all my life and I’ll be leaving for somewhere new in just a few minutes.

Abby and I have been spending lots of time together over the summer. Of course there were times when they were filming crucial scenes and I wouldn’t see her for an entire week and a half but we still skyped and I called her all the time. I would go visit her lots of times during the week when I had time but I’ve been really busy the days leading up to this big move.

Its like I’m transferring my entire life to Vancouver. I didn’t want to leave my mother home alone, but she’s recently started dating and it made me feel a little better about it. Ethan would be doing an extra course this year so that he has enough credits to come to the university next year.

I took one last glance around the bedroom before picking up my bags and leaving with Abby close behind me.

“Call me as soon as you settle into the dorm.” My mother said sniffling.

“Jeez mom, I’m only going to be a few hours away.” I rolled my eyes at her dramatics.

“Well you wont be here anymore so stop sassing me and give me a hug.” She wrapped her arms around me and I sighed. “You’ll miss my cooking.” She whispered evilly.

I groaned and dragged the suitcase outside packing it into the trunk. God. I had to be in Vancouver in time for orientation and traffic is going to be tight, I can feel it.

“Abby can we gooooo?” I rolled my eyes as she and my mother had a tearful goodbye, as if we wouldn’t be visiting soon. I waved at Ethan and got into the driver side of the car.

Abby joined me in the car and I drove off towards the highway.

“You know you’ll miss them. You were such a mommas girl,” Abigail giggled from her seat.

I ignored her and carried on driving but I knew it was true. My mother was the most important person in my life and she’s done such a good job raising me on her own. She gave me things that money could never buy and I would miss her. However, we both accepted the fact that it was time for me to make something of myself.

After about two hours we were finally nearing the university. Thank god too, because Abby hooked her phone up to the stereo in the car and has been singing off-key to Beyonce’s album the entire drive here. I drove into the student parking lot for the dorms and claimed a spot, finally cutting the car off.

Phew, no more singing.

“Yonce all on his mouth like liquor!” Abby continued singing even after the radio shut off.