Chapter 22- 'Posed to be.

Taylor

Shit shit shit. I was late as hell and Mrs. Nevu needed her morning coffee before 8:30am or she'd catch a fit.

"Here you go," I grabbed the coffee from the cute employee and all but ran out of the building and across the street to my workplace. It was 8:26 now and I was praying to the elevator god somewhere that this elevator would move a little faster.

I probably had a half minute left when I got off on the top floor. I straightened out myself before knocking on the huge mahogany door and entering.

"Good morning, Georgina." I greeted her, placing two coffees on her desk.

"You've got another one." She said, a small smile on her face.

I glanced around at my desk in the corner of her office and couldn't help the small smile on my lips as my eyes wandered to the bouquet of flowers laying there. I picked up the flowers and read the note in between. The note was in camouflaged colours and read: "Remember when we kicked ass in paintball?"

"Judging by the look on your face this person probably did a number on you." The mature woman said, walking towards me. "It's okay to forgive Ms. Jaeger, doesn't mean you have to forget. It just means you can move forward without making the same mistakes."

It was a bit awkward to hear her talking to me like this in the office—as if I was her own child.

"Anyways, make your damn mind up. We're running out of room for flowers." She motioned to the corner where three other bouquets were sitting. "Let's get down to business."

Nodding, I scrolled through the pages of the portfolio that was handed to me earlier during the day. It was a few banners for a new product that we were perfecting. It was a leave-in conditioner—currently the one that I used and it made my hair feel silky smooth. The curls at the top of my head were a lot more defined and soft, it was amazing. I had no idea how they managed it.

"I think she'll like these." I said to the artist.

Currently, Georgina was in some big meeting so all of her other responsibilities fell on me for the time being.

"Can I keep this copy?" i asked the young man.

"Of course, as soon as things are finalized give me a call." He handed me his card.

"No problem, see you soon." I stood and walked him out of the huge office.

I glanced down at my watch, it was about 4pm. I packed up my things and slung the leather messenger bag over my shoulder before leaving the office. Usually on Fridays I was allowed to leave at 2pm but Georgina needed all the help she could get today.

I was happy with the work that I was doing, and I've told her several times that I don't even need to be paid; but she insisted on giving me a beginner salary. It's like I was being paid to go to school. As I drove home, I loosened my tie and found myself thinking about Georgina's short but sweet words of wisdom. The way how Abby has been chasing me relentlessly for these few days amazed me. I thought she'd be tired of me brushing her off by now.

I've realized that the more she stuck around, the more I wanted her to stick around. Since the day we kissed in her bathroom, she'd stop making physical advances towards me. Now she was reaching way beyond the physical aspect, doing things I didn't know someone could do without saying a word to you.

She'd send me flowers at work every other day with sweet little poems attached to them. She'd be at my house helping my mother with gardening or anything in particular she could help with. Abby was working her way into the lives of my family and friends but besides a cordial conversation with me, she never implied anything relationship-wise after that night—and I was extremely grateful.