Chapter 10

Abby

So apparently, Taylor thinks that this party is for a girl named Bella. But it was actually a surprise party for her since her birthday is tomorrow. Ethan only told me about it yesterday so I had to hurry my ass off to get her something that I think would be special for her birthday.

The music was blaring, but everyone was huddled in a corner waiting for her. We couldn’t possibly have the house quiet and expect her not to be suspicious; she was too smart for that.

“Here, you look tense.” Sarah handed me a drink—vodka and coke.

I gave her a grateful look and took a sip. I loved the way it warmed my body as it went down. I was a bit nervous because apparently Taylor didn’t really like her birthdays—no one but Ethan knew why and he refuses to tell me. He said I should ask her myself and I’m not about to get on her bad side, at all this weekend.

Bella came running into the house, “Ethan just drove up with her! Places everyone. DJ you know what to do. The guy in the little DJ booth nodded and continued playing some song by 2Chains. The door flew open and music came to an abrupt stop.

“SURPRISEEEEE!” everyone yelled.

Taylor looked everything but surprised though. “Thanks guysss, but I knew this party was for me all along. Ethan is shit at hiding things.”

Everyone laughed and the music continued. Just as Taylor was making her way over to where we were standing, a long legged, creamy skinned woman dragged one of her hands across Taylor’s stomach, turning her around.

“Who the fuck is she?” I asked, but it didn’t sound like me.

Sarah squinted and her mouth hung open. “It can’t be.”

“What?”

“That looks like Annalisa...but hotter.” Sarah said. I handed her napkin because she was all but drooling over this woman. “She was a senior at our school a while back, but she moved.”

“So why’d she come back?” I rolled my eyes.

“It looks like to rekindle an old flame.” Sarah smiled. I glanced up from my drink and saw how she was whispering in Taylor’s ear, nibbling it even and my body felt hot.

“Aren’t you like in love with Taylor or something?” I asked Sarah. I couldn’t understand how she could possibly stand there and watch this, with a smile on her face.

“I know how to choose my battles Hun, and this is one I would lose. I can’t compete with Anna; they were the power couple.” She grabbed her drink and walked out into the crowd, dancing with some guy.

I don’t know why, but that ultimately made me feel worse. I walked out to the back yard where people were mingling and shit, and sat on one of the chairs. I’m probably being overly sensitive; I mean Taylor didn’t say we were together. I don’t want a relationship from her anyways. Obviously she has more than enough females fawning over her, so I don’t know why she’d be interested in a straight, problematic girl like me.

I don’t know how it happened, but I was so pissed off that I managed to crush the cup and spill my drink in the grass. “Fuck,” I dropped the poor, beaten cup and was about to go inside for another drink when I saw the woman leading Taylor out here. I stayed hidden behind a rose bush and watched as she leaned in and kissed Taylor; and Taylor kissed her back—squeezing her ass even.

It was as if my mind couldn’t comprehend what was going on. I stood there for a good five minutes, just staring at them like some creep. When I could finally look away, I made my way around to the front of the house. I was about to call someone, anyone—my mother even to pick me up. I should have never carpooled with Sarah. Just as I began dialling Ben’s number—one of my co-stars—I could hear someone step up beside me.

“I hope you aren’t leaving so soon.” A guy with cute messy blonde hair smiled at me. “Are you crying?” he squinted at me.

My hands unconsciously reached up to my face—and he was right. There were tears there.

I laughed, “I have no idea where these came from.”

He chuckled, “A superstar like you shouldn’t be crying.” He brushed my cheeks with his fingers. “C’mon, a few of us are playing truth or dare. I promise you’ll love it.”

I sighed and allowed him to pull me along, back into the house. A few people—including Sarah and Ethan—were in a circle. I sat between Sarah and Bella I think, then Ethan spun the bottle.

I don’t know when it happened, but I started having fun. Most of the dares were hilarious and everyone was pretty friendly. I wasn’t exactly used to these types of parties. The one’s I’ve been to are all about being classy and shit. Do you think any other movie star—minus Jennifer Lawrence—would sit down in a circle to spin a bottle? I think not. I was on my fourth drink and I felt as if I was floating or something.

From the corners of my eyes I could see Taylor and her lady friend walking towards our friendly circle. They both sat on the other side of the circle. I gave Taylor a huge drunken smile and she eyed me suspiciously.

Sarah spun the bottle and it landed on me. Sarah dared me to kiss Aaron—my new friend—for two minutes nonstop. I didn’t see anything wrong with that, because literally everyone has been daring me to kiss Aaron all night. It’s like I’m used to it now. I glanced across the circle to Taylor and I could tell she was grinding her teeth, but I didn’t care. Fuck her, and that loser she was with.

I walked over to Aaron and sat on his lap, then began to kiss him slowly. He kissed alright but, I could tell he was enjoying it a lot more than me from this bulge in his pants. Barely thirty seconds had passed before I felt someone roughly yanking me off Aaron’s lap.

“Woah Taylor, what the hell?” someone yelled.

“No, shut the fuck up.” She sneered.

Taylor all but tossed me over her shoulder and took me outside the house.

“What the hell is your problem?” I placed a hand on my hip, and leaned on the mailbox to keep from falling.

“Look at you,” she pointed at me. “You can barely stand up!”

“How is this your problem?” I raised an arm then shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m taking you home Abigail.”

She tried holding my arm but I pulled away, “I’m not going anywhere with you.”

“You’re being a slut—“ she said but immediately regret it. “I didn’t mean tha—“

“Oh no, no no no.” I said softly. “Don’t apologize.” I rubbed my chin as if thinking about something. “It’s just that...I don’t remember calling you names when you had your tongue down Annalisa’s throat.”

Her eyes widened. “Abby please, let me take you home.”

“I can take myself home.” I took off my heels and began walking down the street. I had no fucking idea where I was, but I wasn’t about to let Taylor take me anywhere. I’m completely fed up of her shit.

I could hear footsteps following closely behind me, but she wasn’t saying a word.

“Have you slept with her, since she’s been back?”

What the hell am I doing? It wasn’t as if we were a couple or even dating, I don’t care who she sleeps with—or I shouldn’t care. I just needed to know.

“I haven’t.”

I turned around to face her, and looked into her eyes.

“I haven’t.” She repeated, staring right into mine.

“Alright.” I carried on walking, and she carried on close behind me.

------------

I just couldn’t help myself. This is a short, but interesting filler chapter; I just felt like double updating ;) . Be on the lookout for more. Comment and vote, tell me your thoughts. xoxo