Chapter 5

Abby

"So what you're saying is, he follows you around the entire time?" Taylor motions to the cameraman.

I groaned and slapped my ass down on one of the chairs in the dressing room. "For the hundredth time Taylor, yes. That's his job! He's the main camera man." I emphasized each word.

"You don't need to be so hostile Abigail." She rolled her eyes, sitting opposite me. The makeup artist, Meghan barged in and spun my chair around so she could start working on my face.

"I'm not being hostile," I bite back, "I don't even know why you're here." I say pointedly.

"Well maybe, you shouldn't have invited me here."

"I didn't! You forced yourself—"

"Shhh," she cut me off.

Meghan—who was probably listening to this ridiculous conversation, began giggling and I raised a brow at her.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you two are a really cute couple."

"Couple? Don't be ridiculous." Taylor said way before I could. "She's not my type."

I couldn't help but feel a little hurt at her statement. She wasn't my type either, but I was a bit offended at how easily she could have said something so foul. We've been hanging out for a while now and when she's not being her usually pissy self, she's actually pretty cool.

This morning, I don't know why but she insisted on forcing herself in my car, and coming along with me all the way to Vancouver, just to watch me film some scenes.

"Oh so you guys aren't dating?" I nodded in confirmation. In the mirror I could see Meghan give Taylor a flirty look before she resumed my makeup. I didn't have much time to think about it because as soon as she finished my eyeliner, and pinned my hair back, the director called for me over the speakers.

"Are you coming?" I asked Taylor.

"I'll find my way there." She was speaking to me, but her eyes were glued to Meghan's ass. What a fucking perve.

"Just disgusting," I whispered leaving the room.

I made my way onto the set and waited until my cue before I began acting.

It took hours. Hours of acting, do overs and yelling and frustration. All because one of my co-stars hadn't memorized their lines. And we only got two scenes done correctly. I'm pretty sure we're going to have to film it over anyways.

I was beat and more than ready to go home. I grabbed a snack from the table, and a bottle of water before heading back to my dressing room. I pushed the door opened, only to have a disheveled Meghan, walking past me.

"You didn't." I sneered at her.

"Didn't what?" she was adjusting the beanie over her curls. I gave her a look and she chuckled. "I did not hook up with your makeup artist."

I grabbed my bags on the desk and left out the room, slamming the door behind me. I ignored all the goodbyes of everyone on the set, and walked right out to my car in the parking lot, with Taylor strolling along behind me.

"Someone has a problem."

I could feel a tight-lipped smile forcing its way onto my lips. "I don't have a problem. It's obvious that you can't go anywhere without fucking everything in sight. Maybe I should put you on a leash."

Her eyebrows lowered, and I could see from my peripheral vision that she was clenching her fists. "Shut the fuck up. We aren't a couple, what should it matter if hooked up with her? Obviously you're getting a bit too emotionally invested here, and we aren't even friends."