⚔ Chapter 6

Valdr spent most of the next days at Ran’s side, her fever spiked in the moments of his absence. He took the time to accompany Rulf as he addressed the tribe, simply telling them that his mating with Ran had taken a toll on her. This caused a celebration to ensue with whiskey flowing and food being brought for the party. Valdr and Rulf smiled at the happy warriors and Valdr went back to sit vigilantly at his mate’s side but felt guilty that he hadn’t maintained their connection during his time away from her and she now suffered. He had much to learn about being a mate. Valdr bathed her sweat soaked body once more, linking their minds and bodies together once more to being her back under control and away from the edge of her painful transition. He crawled up into the bed beside her after the Doc left from checking on her once more; he would have to feed her again tonight. He didn’t like the sexual tension that rode him so hard when she fed. He wanted her awake and looking into his eyes when that happened.  He smiled lightly as she sighed and turned towards his touch automatically, she was truly a beautiful gift. He just had to figure out how to allow himself to accept it.

“How is she?” He heard Rulf whisper as he snuck in, “Much the same. She still sleeps but after bathing her once more, after returning from your announcement, it would seem I don’t have to match her body to mine anymore. She seems to be holding her own the last hour.” Rulf nodded. “The warriors have decided to go out on a hunt. I just thought you should know.” Valdr sighed, “I would go with my brothers but I am afraid she will need me before I return. The doc said I have to allow her to feed again tonight.”

Rulf sighed heavily and shook his head, “I know it must be hard for you Valdr, I understand what that means for you both.”  He simply nodded, “It is hard to hold myself back from her but as long as her needs are met that I can handle it.” Rulf sighed “I will let the warriors know you won’t be leaving your mate tonight.” Valdr nodded his head as he stood to go bathe himself for the first time in two days.

When he returned to Ran’s side, her fever had spiked once more and she was crying out softly in her slumber, her hand roaming the bed in what he assumed was a blind search for his warmth. He quickly slipped back in bed pushing her hair from her face and whispering to her that he was there. She quieted when she felt his touch and heard his voice, her body scooting closer to him. She rubbed her nose over his chest; Valdr buried his hand in her silently watching as she scented him. She soft lips brushed over him dragging a groan from him lips. Her pink tongue slipped past her lips to lick over different spots of his chest, exploring him. Her small hands reached up to touch his chest as she pulled herself higher up his body. Her nose scenting, her lips and tongue tasting his flesh as she sought out the place she hungered for. Finding the spot raised with already healed mark he had made last night, she opened her mouth, licking over the spot with a kiss. Her breathy sigh against his chest caused his flesh to break out in bumps and a soft growl left his lips. Reaching a hand up to stroke over the shaved side of his head, she licked over the spot once more before he felt her human teeth scrap the skin, her thigh moving up to straddle his own. Valdr hissed as his hand griped her hip he own lips brushing her shoulder in a kiss, “Feed my Princess, and take what you need from my body. I am here to give you all that you need.” He whispered as he again brushed his lips across her silky skin and used his sharp nail to once more open the place over his heart for her to feed. Valdr groaned as he felt her lips seal around his flesh, her tongue brush the underside of his pec, her hungry moans spiking up his spine as she pulled his essence into herself.

“Ran” He moaned her name as her pulls turned slow and seductive her hips slowly rose to brush her heat against his bare thigh. He couldn’t keep his own leg from pressing forward into her. His sigh as her wet heat met his skin, his hand at her hip stroking further down to lay on the top of her heart shaped cheek, pressing her down as her hips moved again. Her breathy moans growing as she rubbed her core against him, Valdr tasted her skin again as he himself grew harder and needy. Ran’s rose up to lay her head higher up on his chest as she licked over her mark, just to bite into his skin again and start all over.