Chapter 18

Evie's POV

I woke up, my head pounding in pain like a brick hit it. And it even worsen when I sat up.

What happened?

Then I remembered what happened at the backyard. My eyes drifted to my hands - is it really true that I have powers or is it just a dream. But it felt so..... real.

I focused on my hand and just like that, my hand was on fire. So, it's true I have powers. I should tell Mal and the guys about this once I can comeback to school or if they aren't busy. And I don't want to bother them, so.

I suddenly remembered something too.

I saw an image of the dark ember and I couldn't help myself but feel the connection with it. And some were where I wasn't like myself, like I'm......evil. I also saw that Auradon was surrounded by fire.

Are those visions? And if those are then it will somehow happen, right?

No, no. That wouldn't happen, I'm not gonna turn evil and destroy Auradon.

I'm gonna tell Mal about this.

I was got out of my trance when I felt the bed shifted and also realized that I was in my room. 'Cause the last time I remembered I was in my backyard. So, I turned my gaze to the one who shifted my bed and saw that it was, Brayden.

What's he doing here? And why is he in my bed?

I kept thinking, trying to remember what happened.

"Brayden...."

And everything went black.

Oh yeah, he was the one that save me from falling when I fainted. But why is he here beside me?

"Please....stay."

Oh God. Did I really said those?

I buried my face in my palms as I feel my cheeks heating up.

My gaze then fell again to the guy beside me. And I can say that he's really cute when his sleeping, with his messy hair that almost covered his eyes, and his pouted lips.

My hand was reaching out to touch his hair when suddenly he spoke, I quickly jerked away my hand and startled.

"You're....awake." He expressed, sitting up while rubbing his eyes.

"Y- yeah..." I awkwardly said, combing my hair back.

"I'm so sorry," he suddenly apologized, making me confused. "I shouldn't have stayed, I should have left when I notice you were asleep but I feel myself drowsy too." He explained which made me nod in understanding.

"It's fine, you don't have to apologize. And I should be the one thanking you for helping at the backyard. 'Cause if it wasn't for you being there I would've been laying in the grass right now." I told him. He smiled softly.

Silence fill the room until I realize what time is it.

"Uhm,.... Do you want to eat some lunch?" I offered looking at the clock seeing that it's almost twelve noon.

"Yeah, I would love to."

"Okay, uhm....you can wait at the living room or kitchen, wherever you want. I just need to take a shower and I'll prepare our lunch after." I explained and he nodded slipping out the bed, heading downstairs.

I then got up to take a shower and got ready.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~