Chapter 8

Third Person's POV

"Ugh, Evie, careful with the blush." Mal complained, and tried pushing Evie's hand away from her.

"It's almost finish, bare with it. And it's not your first time, like when you and Ben had your first date." Evie explained while now putting a lipstick on Mal's lips. "And besides it's your birthday you need to doll up, and don't worry you'll get used to it, that your a queen now. And queens need to doll up to look presentable while talking to her people."

"Oh ha ha." Mal sarcastically laughed. "Wait, Evie. I'm already a queen, right?" Mal asked, while Evie was putting the make-ups in her make up bag and some to her vanity table.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Then, I can make a rule that a queen doesn't need to wear make up if she doesn't want to while talking to her people or going to meetings." the purple haired girl excitedly said while sitting on the bed bouncing.

Evie sighed at the childishness of her best friend. "No, you can't."

"Why?" Mal pouted.

Someone knock on the door which make stop what they're doing.

"I'll get it." Evie insisted and open the door.

"Hi, Eves. Hi, Mal." It was Carlos that greeted her with a bright and warm smile. Together with Jay beside him.

"Hey, guys come in. You know, you guys don't need to knock, we're friends remember?" Evie told them.

"Sorry, it's just that Auradon has gotten the best of us." Jay stated.

"Hey, Mal. We got something for you." Carlos greeted as he came over to Mal with a present on his hand along with Jay.

Evie came over too with a gift on her hand.

"Happy Birthday, Mal!" The three said in unison and handed the presents to Mal.

"Awh, guys you don't have to. But thank you." Mal smiled at them.

"Open it." Jay said.

Mal opened the presents with joy in her face. She first open Jays present, it was a combat boots.

"Wow, Jay. This is the Limited Edition Combat Boots that I've wanted to have when I first saw it in the store! Thank you, Jay!" Mal gave Jay a hugged.

"You're welcome."

Next she opened, was from Carlos, it was a ring.

"Mal, it's not just an ordinary ring. It is a scanner that I invented to find some hidden things like in the closet, bags or boxes. To use it you just need to press the stone above it. Oh, and the bonus part is, it has a laser that can cut through things." Carlos explained.

"Wow, cool. Thanks, Carlos."

And last was from Evie, it was an album and a bracelet. The cover has "The Core Four" written on it.

"The album has a pictures of us when we were in the isle. Oh, and bracelet's pendants represent the four of us." She pointed at the pendants. "This one, the crossbones represents Carlos, the cobra represents Jay, the heart with a crown represents me and the last one, the dragon represents you, Mal. I made them myself."

"Woah, Evie. Thank you. But don't you guys think this is too much?"

"Of course not, M. You're special to us and you're our friend. We are not "The Core Four" without you."

"Because we're rotten.... "

"To the core!"

The core four hugged each other. They promised each other that 'they won't leave each others sides, forever'. Because great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, impossible to forget.