L.

"Ars longa, vita brevis." -Unknown

Art is long, but life is short.

Brett, Eddy and Davydov ran to the bathroom where they saw Pyotr lie on the bathtub, looking rather unwell. He was fully clothed and no water was around him. Modest was kneeling down next to the bathtub and looked worried about his brother.

Davydov also kneeled in front of the bathtub. Brett and Eddy just stood there, knowing what would happen to Pyotr. They just let it be. What they had in mind is the fact that Pyotr will be free from this cruel world soon.

"I will call a physician to check you up, Pyotr... Please stay strong." Modest said as he held Pyotr's hand.

"No! Modya, whatever you do, do not call the doctor! Just let me be..." Tchaikovsky said weakly.

"No, Pyotr! You have to get checked!" Davydov argued.

"Vladimir, Modya, let me be... I will be alright." Tchaikovsky coaxed. "Continue with your breakfast, just let me talk to Brett and Eddy." Pyotr added, looking at the two.

Vladimir and Modest followed, leaving Brett and Eddy with Pyotr. They both say down on the ground next to the bathtub Pyotr is lied down to.

"Do not tell anyone, you two. I love you both and thank you for staying with me all these months. You have made me very happy and very well. I express my gratitude from the depths of my heart..." Pyotr said, growing weaker.

"You know what to do the moment I close my eyes forever... Continue being in love and well together. You know who to call..." Pyotr said slowly closing his eyes.

"Ilyich, I love you. We love you... We will let your music live on. Thank you for everything." Eddy said, holding Pyotr's hand.

"Do not tell me I love you too much, Brett is afraid I might sweep you off your feet for the last time." 

"Hush, Pyotr. I will let you win this time." Brett said, holding his other hand. "I love you, Pyotr. See you in our next life..." Brett added, kissing his hand.

"I will see you both..." Pyotr said using his last energy to kiss their hands.

The moment Pyotr passed, Brett and Eddy cried, mourned on each other's shoulder. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky had already fulfilled his duties for this world. He feels no more suffering now.

His death was declared as a case of cholera since it was a pandemic during their time. He was buried alongside of his parents. Brett and Eddy cannot say anything more so they just played his music.

They played Tchaikovsky's Valse Sentimentale. It makes sense why. They would let his music speak of their sentiments instead of their words that mean nothing now. Words cannot reach Pyotr but his music can.

Wherever he might find himself, Pyotr is in better condition than he will ever be in this horrific and judgmental world.

- - - - -

They went to Vienna and continued their lives as soloists. They continued letting Tchaikovsky's music be heard, especially that beautiful violin concerto of his. It had been ten years since Tchaikovsky had passed but his name is very alive in their spirit.

Everything was going great up until Brett found himself coughing up blood. The treatments were not working the way they should. It had become bad up until to the point that Brett could not perform anymore, due to him being too weak.

Eddy, being the great significant other he is, went home with Brett to take care of him. Both had enough income for an early retirement. They both had officially retired from touring.