Chapter Two

"When The First Snow Falls, I Love You Orianna"

II.

"What just happened, Ori?!"

I walked faster because Victoria, my bestest friend and basically my second mom, is a nagging machine.

"Ori! Oriann! Orianna! Maria Orianna SanAgustin!" she shouted along the hall.This living megaphone, that's bawal!

I, for the record, am very thankful to my parents for my very beautiful-spanish-accented name.But I don't need Victoria shouting it loud on the halls!

"Okay!Okay! Don't shout Vi.I don't need another earful from our profs! I'll kwento downstairs." I said still fastly walking to get out of our college building.

We sat on a bench in front of the Marquess Hall, where us, the creative creatures are trained to vommit words gracefully or else kami ang isusuka paalis ng College of Arts and Letters.

Because you know, as per our College mantra,

'Just Masterpieces.Just Greatness.'

I don't know how other colleges train their students.I heard from Nieves that the College of Engineering is tough too and has the mantra, 'All To Conquer.' Also College of Medicine's 'Great Minds.Great Victories."And of course, the Law School's 'Above Others.Above All.'

I often hear them say that us, the Arts and Letters' students are the most liberated in the University.Because our college doesn't revolve on laws and equations or solving problems.

We don't need to be inside someone's jurisdictions.We own our letters.We make our own boundaries.We can write everything we want at liberty.Sa ngalan ng panitikan at sining.

Because you know our rule number one,
'Thou art the lord of thy letters,
Thou shall decide what to spill.'

And as per rule number two,
'Thou shall not spill if it drains thee,
Or else thou shall be slave to thy letters.'

We just go around those two.Its the beauty and the curse of our College.After all, our freedom to write is definitely not free, thus, the deadlines!

"So?" Victoria made it look like she will not let me get off the hook without explaination about my not-so-decent manuscript.

"You know manuscripts are supposed to be written for weeks right?" I said to save myself.

"Yes.For non-genius and poorly breastfed living organisms.But not for us." She said all high and mighty.This very proud eggcell will not buy any of my excuse.

"Ori, you do your manus within 2days, 3days max with writer's block.That manuscript you passed to virgin Sentinel, you started that 2days ago and when I read it, it offended my right hemisphere!"

"Ganun ba kapangit?" I asked all confidence on the ground.

"Yes." No remorse.No cotton candy detours.Just flat yes from Victoria.

"For someone running for Latin honors, yes, binibining SanAgustin," she followed up adding salt in the wounds.

I sighed.

"So last night," I started and told her the whole story.A bit exaggerated and biased to my favor, of course--judge me if you passed the BAR and shut up if you don't.Hence, still the same story.

And right after that, I regretted telling her what happened.This eggcell is shamelessly kinikilig!

"Is he pogi?!" she wiggled her eyebrows now in a very good mood.

"He's a walking pubic hair!"

"Oh my, what is a walking pubic hair?!" She said dramatically while laughing for my disgusting metaphor.