PROLOGUE

"When The First Snow Falls, I Love You Orianna"

I quietly stared at the glass window near me.The streets were empty, just like this coffee shop -and me.

My mom said I need help.Kaya ako nandito.
Maybe if I comply with what she wants, she'll give back my passport and let me go to Madrid.

But I knew better.

"Was he nice?" Dr. Juan Alexandre SanLorenzo finally asked after a long silence.I turn my gaze to my psychiatrist.His eyes were gentle.He should be an actor not some guy in a white coat.

I smiled at my coffee mug."He was nice."

He was very nice.He was the best thing that happened to me.

"How was he like?" tanong nya ulit.

It was my 7th time meeting Dr. SanLorenzo for my sessions.And all he do was ask me things- well ,most of the time.He eventually became my friend.So sometimes I kid him to give me discounts.

I looked at the glass window as I remember how was he like.And all the memories with him came back rushing to me.Very vivid, I can almost touch it.

"He was tall.6'2 tall.And moreno ,a spanish descent.He's a surgeon.Maybe about your age.He likes Mcdonalds pero lagi nyang sinasabing its not healthy.Also popcorns and burger king.He basically eats everything unhealthy like he's not in the health field."

I smiled sadly.I didn't know talking about good days would be this painful.

I looked at Dr. SanLorenzo who is patiently listening to everything I can offer.

"He was very warm.Like home."

He then pick up his teaspoon and stir his camomile tea.So I figured he wanted me to continue.

"Lucas and I were very opposite.He was so bad at writing while I was an Arts and Letters student."

I still remember when he told me his reason why he took up medicine ay dahil sobrang pangit daw ng sulat nya.

"So one time he wrote me a 4liner poem and he's so bad at it, nilagay nya na lang yung pangalan ko sa ending ng bawat lines just to rhyme it up." I laugh.Pero saglit lang.

He looked at me with gentle eyes, but very intently.
"Do you remember the poem?" He asked.

I nodded.And smiled the sadness I am feeling.

"When the first snow falls,I love you Orianna.
When the weather is fine, I love you Orianna.
When the rain is heavy, I love you Orianna.
My love, my love, my beautiful Orianna."

Right there and then my tears fell for a beautiful memory.And for the first time, I saw sadness on my psychiatrist's eyes.Maybe because my story was very tragic and he pitied me.But he was quick to recover.

He then put two thick envelopes in the table.
"These are your manuscripts.One for your college thesis and other one, you wrote last year."

I took them.

"Do you still see Lucas?After you broke up?"

"We didn't break up.Atleast not for me."

"Where is he then?"

"Madrid.He's doing his residency sa isang ospital doon."

"He wasn't in Madrid, Orianna," he said.And that's the trigger I'm waiting.

"He is! He will come back after a year and he promised to marry me! He proposed to me after he recited the poem!"

I was breathing heavily.The manager in the coffee shop was alarmed to my sudden outburst but the Juan Alexandre signaled him that we're okay.

This is the first session we took outside his office and it seemed like a bad idea.

"Open your second manuscript, Ms. Orianna.On page3 please."

And as I do what I was told, I knew this was a bad news.

I read it.

Page3.
|And suddenly after he said he was going to Madrid for his specialization, he knelt and recited me a poem.

"When the first snow falls,I love you Orianna.
When the weather is fine, I love you Orianna.
When the rain is heavy, I love you Orianna.
My love, my love, my beautiful Orianna."

Marry me when I get back?|

Tears flowed.One after the other.I thought I already cried everything when my family told me to see a psychiatrist because they think I lost my mind.But here I am, crying again.

Everything was haywire I can't even hold my mug properly.

"No, I did not write this!Lucas is real, okay?He's real right?He's in Madrid!We are going to get married!"

I was desperate and begging him to affirm me that Lucas is real.It will not be this painful if it wasn't real.He has to be real!

But when Dr.SanLorenzo shook his head, I knew...

"Orianna, you crashed your car more than a year ago.You served at a mental facility for 6months.That is where you wrote this manuscript about Lucas."

...I lost it.

"Lucas Joaquin Villegas, is not real."

But I knew better.

Totoo si Lucas.