Deku

I don't know if this is really an unpopular opinion but here it is

In my time in the My Hero Academia fandom, I've noticed Deku is a hit or miss for a main character to people. People either call him boring or say that he is amazing. 

I just think that he is okay. He has a reason why you could feel bad for him, he's likable, and he has good morals. 

What I really like about Deku's character is that the audience is able to relate to his character. He seems like any teenage boy who wants to achieve his dreams. 

Then he gained a quirk because of All Might and was able to pursue a career as a Pro-Hero. Even then, Deku isn't immediately overpowered despite having an overpowered quirk. He had to work hard for what he accomplished so far in the manga/anime and he still can't use 100% of One for All yet. He didn't suddenly become someone who beat everyone once he got his quirk, he lost his fair share of battles. 

I mean come on, it took him 3 seasons to realize he could use his legs instead of his fists.

I'm just saying he isn't the best character and he is definitely not the worst. I also understand that Deku is not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I totally respect that. 

Thanks for reading! Hope that wasn't too long. Let me know what you think of Deku and feel free to comment other unpopular opinions you all have.