- 4 -

During study hall the new fake couple decides to sit outside at one of the picknick tables

During study hall the new fake couple decides to sit outside at one of the picknick tables. Big Red isn't with them due to not having the same timetable as them right now. "Are you excited for practice later, with only the two of you?" Rosella asks as the boy strums some cords, getting ready to play Start of Something New so he can become confident in singing it. "Yeah, I think. But I'm nervous as well." "Don't worry too much. Common, let's start." With that said he starts playing the song, singing softly to it, with Rosella singing Gabriellas parts.

"I never believed in. What I couldn't see. I never opened my heart. To all the possibilities, ohh" she starts singing, closing her eyes. "I know that something has changed, never felt this way and right here tonight." She continues on, not realizing his eyes on her as she sings. "And now, looking in your eyes. I feel in my heart. The start of something new. The start at something new" they sing together, staring in each others eyes. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, Ricky slowly leans towards the girl in front of him, she doing the same, closing their eyes. But just as their about to kiss Rickys alarm goes off.

"You're practice starts in five minutes" she whispers, looking into his eyes but neither of them are moving, still only a little space between them. Not realizing someone has been watching the whole time. Slowly he nods not breaking eye contact before clearing his throat. "Yeah, you're right" he states awkwardly standing up. "Thanks... for the help." "No problem" Rosella smiles softly, nodding. The two continue on staring at each other for a bit longer before he leaves towards the theater.

"Ms. Jenn wants what?" Big Red asks, as the three of them make their way towards the practice room. "She wants Nini and I to kiss" Ricky repeats himself, again, telling his best friend and fake girlfriend about Ms. Jenn's idea to add a kiss at the end, instead of the hug like in the movie. "But why?", he wants to know, not understanding Ms. Jenn's way of thinking. They're both in relationships with different people, why would she want them to kiss? Maybe it's how it works in showbiz? He just doesn't understand.
"What do you think about it?", the red head asks his new friend to the other side of Rickey. "I don't have a problem with it. I trust Ricky and it's a show kiss anyways" she says, playing the role of an understanding girlfriend. Big Red just looks at her weirdly.

"How about we just go to practice already?" Rosella changes the topic, dragging the two boys with her into the practice room where almost everyone is already gathered in. They greet the cast, putting their belongings in one corner of the room. Rosella goes over to where Gina is stretching on the floor as Ricky is called over by Carlos. The two girls start stretching together, talking silently with each other.

"I'm kinda lost" Ricky turns to Carlos, "If the play's over, why would we still be dancing?" "It's a curtain call" Carlos tells the rookie, "you're the last two to come out. We want to bring the audience to their feet." "Teach them the dance" Ricky comments, earning a giggle and eye-roll from Rosella who heard their conversation. "Carlos? Can we wait for Ms. Jenn?" "Ms. Jenn is busy tracking down a prop. She's asked me to create a crescendo, people, so let's stop swirling and start twirling" the choreographer chuckles.