Breathe Me (Part 6)

"So, about tomorrow What should I pack?"

"Anything I suppose, Alice is packing something 'formal' for you to wear on Sunday."

"Should I be terrified" I laughed

"I haven't seen anything! If I did, she would kill me." Edward laughed and hugged me closer.

"Im happy that you decided to come, without you my weekend would have been hell." He murmured into my ear.

I caressed his cheek and pulled his face towards mine. Our lips touched and it felt like magic. They danced together and our hands found each other. Edward's feet were mangled with mine, our breaths were ragged and sharp.

Things went farther than they normally did, and I enjoyed every second of it. Edward's lips stopped, "I love you." He dazzled me with his dark green eyes and we took off where we had began. He kisses were overpowering me with lust and love.

He pulled back before things got out of hand. Edward was raised old-fashioned. He would never disappoint Carlisle, besides sleeping in my room every night....

I bit my lip and half-smiled. He grazed his cheek next to mine and whispered,

"Im sorry."

Shit. What was going on? He had nothing to be sorry for.

My heart began to race. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks, anger was overpowering.

"For what?" I almost yelled

"For, breaking a promise." He closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. "Im sorry that, after this weekend, I have to go. I have to go help my biological father, bury my mother." He pulled his hands to his face. "Bella, there are no words to describe how shitty I feel about this whole situation."

One lone tear was streaming down his face. Many more were falling down mine. I wiped them from my cheeks and asked, "How long?"

He took a hitched breath, "A week."

The room went dead silent, neither of us were breathing. I sat up and wrapped my arms around Edward. We both sat there for hours, crying until our eyes were tired.

It was only 12 am when Edward had left. My bed felt to big without him to snuggle with me in. My heart felt absolutely shitty and torn. He was going to be gone, for a whole week. Edward, my shield from the darkness and school, gone. I curled up into a little ball under the comforter under my bed, and cried.

            Everything was pitch black, except for a small operating table in the middle of the room. A bright light was shining over a female figure. Her brown hair was draped over the sides of the metal table. Mom? A doctor was standing over her with a scalpel in hand. In his other hand was a bloody clump of something. Liver transplant. My liver, my mom, her deathbed. Suddenly the woman on the table sat straight up and screamed. Her arms scratched desperately to her face, the doctor dropped the tool and the organ and ran out. I wanted to soothe her but, my arms wouldn't move. I was stuck watching my mother fade away. Under that bright light on a shiny metal table.

"Bells? BELLS?" I was being shaken. I opened my eyes to find Charlie, hovering above me and screaming.

"Dad? What happened?" I sat straight up and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Bella, you were screaming, and shaking. What the hell is going on?"

"I had a horrible dream."

Charlie patted my shoulder, "Your all fine now, try to get some sleep honey." He smiled and left my room, leaving the door half open.

I still saw the dream replay over and over in my head. It brought back so many memories that I wanted to forget. Renee's surgery just 5 years before. Her liver transplant that went horribly wrong. Renee's Liver was failing and I was the only match, she had died under the knife. I had never gotten to say goodbye, I even had a scar to remind me of it every day.

My phone on the night stand had buzzed, that brought me even more back to this reality.

I ignored it and fell back asleep under the warmth of my bed.

*Buzz

*buzz

*buzz

"Hello?" I whispered. I was so tired, I hated my morning voice.

"Bella, Im sorry I left. I just, I needed time to think."

"I know, Edward I understand. You have to go, she is your mom. Im just your girlfriend. I understand." I wiped my tired eyes and adjusted them to the light through my window.

"No Bella, I don't understand. Im confused, and horrified. I want you to come."

"Edward, Charlie barley let me go this weekend. I-"

"Bella. Your 18 now. Your not just my girlfriend Bella, you're my soul mate." I heard him take a deep breath. "I'll be over in about an hour to pick you up. It's a long drive over there."

"Alright, I love you." I whispered into the phone.

"Bye."

"'bye."

I held the phone to my chest. Soul mates? Edward did think more of me, this was just perfect.

I packed, showered, and combed my knurly hair before I heard the honk of Edward's Volvo outside.

I grabbed my bag and sprinted out to run into his arms.

"You don't know how much I needed this." I murmured into his jacket.

"Im sorry. I truly am, I just needed time to think." He pulled me into his car and we began driving off, into the morning dew of Forks.