Breathe Me (Part 3)

"What-" my breath was taken away. Alice, my petite little friend, was pregnant?

"Jasper and I were stupid." She began to cry, she brought her hands to her face and tried to wipe away the tears.

"Bella, It's going to be hard. With school, rumors. Can you Promise me that you wont leave me stranded?"

I looked at her, her mascara stained face, her little body. How could this happen to her? My little Alice.

"Alice, I love you. You're the sister I never had. Of course I'm going to be here for you!" I took Edward's arms off of me and moved across the grey comforter to where Alice was perched. I hugged her as hard as I could. This cant be happening. I thought.

            "I've go to go." Alice said, as she pulled off my hug. I snuggled back into Edward's lap and placed my head on his neck.

"Bella?" Edward was nervous, his body was tense.

"Bella!" Edward took his hand and pulled my face to look towards his.

"I'm fine, just need to think things through." It wasn't a lie. I was so confused. Alice can't, just drop this shit on me and not expect me to be surprised.

Edward kissed my forehead, then my nose, and finally my lips. Our lips moved in unison, my fingers were in his hair. He was careful, he knew our limits.

"Did that help you think?" He smiled, Edward always knew his kisses left me breathless.

"Not really, but I enjoyed it." I bit my lip and stared into his Green eyes.

"Lets get you home." He smiled his crooked smile, and grabbed his keys.

I grabbed my backpack and followed him into the car.

            "Dad, I'm home!" I called into the house. Edward lingered behind me.

"Watching the game!" Charlie's husky voice was weak compared to the volume of the television.

"Edward and I will be upstairs." I called while climbing up the stairs.

"yup."

Edward chuckled and pulled my body over his shoulder as he climbed the stairs.

"No!" I cried, while laughing. I pounded my fists on his back.

"You are my prisoner now." He chuckled, my bedroom door was opened and I was dropped on the bed. Edward shut the door, looked back at me with an evil look.

I Curled into a little ball. "Don't kill me!" I mumbled into the blanket.

Edward laughed, he pulled me out of my cocoon, and we both laid on my bed. Side to side facing each other. He Laced his fingers with mine and with his other free hand, held my cheek. I closed my eyes. This was my happy place, Edward at my side.

"Am I allowed to stay tonight?" His voice broke my daydream.

I was brought back to reality. Night. Darkness.

"Well, its alright with me. Charlie on the other hand.." I laughed.

Edward pulled me closer, "I love you".

 I moved my head towards his and kissed his neck, "I love you, Edward"

This is how every night went. After school we went to My house, or the Cullen's. Then we did "homework" in my room. Edward went home to go to "sleep". Half and hour later I was in bed and he crawled through my window and snuggled next to me. I loved Edward, I knew that we would be forever together. I just hoped he felt the same.

            I made dinner for Charlie, Spaghetti and Meatballs. It was always the same for him too. Grabs plate, thank me, eat while watching the game. Charlie wasn't really the "involved" parent. The only rule he had was no boys over after dark. Otherwise I was a free child. I ate my dinner alone in the kitchen, chewing and swallowing. I dropped the dirty dishes in the sink and ran upstairs. I showered quickly and put on my sweats and tank top. I still had an hour before Edward would be back, it was getting dark outside. I shivered.

            Might as well do my homework. I pulled out my binder and began working on my geometry. After a few minutes I heard Charlie Stumbling up the stairs, probably a little drunk with his Rainer beer addiction. I smiled as I accomplished the homework. I threw my binder on the floor, and stumbled to the bathroom to take my nightly pills. I looked in the mirror, my eyes looked tired. I pulled my curly brown hair up into a ponytail, brushed my teeth, and walked back to my room. I opened my door to find Edward sitting on the edge of my bed, going through my geometry homework.

"Edward!" I called, I ran into his lap.

 Edward smiled, and picked up my homework.

"Bella, how are you going to pass the 12th grade with this?" Edward joked.

"Maybe you could tutor me." I winked at him

"Well, first of all, h/2 (b1 + b2) is wrong." He smiled.

I bit my lip, I didn't think he understood. I wanted HIM, not some damn math problem.

"I don't feel like math anymore." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Really? Then what do you feel like doing?" His eyes were closed, his hand was touching my cheek. I answered his question with my lips. I pulled his face towards mine. Our lips danced together, I tangled my fingers in his hair, our feet laced together.

"Bella, you know we can't." He whispered between kisses.

"I know, I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for just, just this." I closed my eyes and kissed his cheek. Edward would end things soon, He was too cautious for his own good. He took my hand and pressed it against his heart.

"I love you." Was all he said before we began kissing again. Edward was distracting me, like always, from the dark.

            I snuggled next to Edward under the covers of my bedspread. I snuggled into his chest and he put his arm around my hip, His head on top of mine.

"Night." He whispered, then kissing the top of my head.

"I love you." I smiled, and kissed the bottom of his chin.

I heard him sigh, "Forever." Before I fell asleep in the safety in his arms.

            I could feel it coming. I opened my eyes. Edward was sound asleep. I glanced over at the alarm clock on my bedside table. 3:02 AM. Shit. I could feel my heart start to beat, faster and faster. I didn't want to wake Edward, but if I didn't, it would get worse.

"Edward?" I whispered. He didn't wake. With my hand I touched his cheek, "Edward?" I whispered louder.