Persephone (Seph) Stanley

Hello, I'm Seph, that antisocial girl who only talks to her siblings. I have brown curly hair (I imagine her looking a bit like Hazel but with darker skin) and dark skin. For some reason, my eyes are blue, I where sunglasses a lot because they stand out too much for my liking.

I'm known for knowing everything about everyone (that's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets, sorry, getting carried away), I'm not sure how I know it. Observation skills I guess, I can't tell by the way people raise their eyebrows or have a twitch on their nose or something. I spend my time watching and listening, not like a stalker, just an observer.

Anyway, I was walking down the hallways of my school Downcroft High (made up) and looked at the facial expressions of the people in the corridor. New kid. I sighed, just another person to be weirded out by me.

I made my way to class just as the bell rang and sat in the back row waiting for the lesson to begin. People started filling up the class.

"Right, now that everyones here, I would like to announce that there is a new kid coming here," Mrs Patterson said as a boy with curly brown hair and a slight limp came into the class.

"Hi, I'm Grover Underwood, I came from a school in Long Island," he said. as far as I knew, there wasn't many high schools in Long Island. He has a good way of hiding but I could tell that he was lying, at least partially.
_______________________________________

The class ended as soon as it had started, I made sure to answer questions at normal times, not look at Grover at all and be completely shut out from any feelings. I've been able to hide that I'm ADHD and dyslexic since my first year here, no one knows anything about my foster parenting or that I see weird things at night and in dreams. No one needs to know. At least not now, I have a but feeling that I will tell someone eventually, and they'll help me...

But right now? I don't trust anyone in my year. I put my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder, Grover didn't seem normal, not in a mean way bit sometimes I can walk past people and know they have a secret even if they might not know it. I was confused as to why I hadn't figured out Grovers secret yet, no one could hide them that well. It was as if he'd had practice hiding from the truth before.

I was walking to the lunch hall with my head up, interpreting peoples facial expressions, when I bumped into someone, falling onto the floor. I heard some 'populars' snickering in the hallway. I scowled at them and looked up to see who is bumped into. Haha, it was Grover. Coincidence? I think not.

His eyes widened," I'm so sorry! Are you ok?!"

I raised an eyebrow, ignoring his outstretched hand and got up myself," I'm fine?"

"Thank the gods, hey can I sit with you at lunch, no one else seems very interested," If I had been anyone else I would've dismissed the fact that he said 'Gods' but me being me, stored the information in my mind to save for some other time.

I hesitated to answer but realised I might be able to find some stuff out,"...sure."

He grinned and grabbed my hand dragging me to a table. On the way there someone stuck their foot out at me and I tripped again, falling on my face and pulling Grover down with me.

He let out a weird yelp that sounded like the bleat of a sheep as he toppled to the floor. I stood up and glared at the people around me, Felicity Kellanali was smirking from her table with her little group of followers. I clenched my fists ready to punch the lights out of her when I heard a worried shout from Grover as he scrambled towards his shoe that had fallen off. As her reached under the table I looked at his feet I noticed that his feet were a weird shape. Focusing entirely on them I realised they weren't feet, they were hooves. I gasped, "Grover your feet!"