CH9: The Devil's Servant

//A parody lyrics for "I'm a punk" song from The Cat in the Hat (not live action version) will be in this chapter.//

There was laughter down the halls. Henchman was tearing up from Mystic's stories.

Some of her stories were amazing, calm and very touching for him to listen to.

"You sound like you had a great life!" He says.

"Yeah... I guess," she says with a sigh.

"Why the long face?"

"It's just that I wished I was brave to venture out more back when I was home. Mom was so worried for me to leave home because we are not familiar with civilization, the society that people outside our village live in. I never really wanted to leave home but at the same time, I wanted to explore and try to talk to people. I only met Louie and looked where it got me."

"Gee, sounds rough," he adds. "It seems to me that your folks never trusted the outside. Fear can get the best of us sometimes."

"Yeah, it sure can."

"But ya know? You had quite the adventure making it down here. Can't complain about that."

"Yeah... Yeah, you're right!" Mystic said with pride. "I guess I was courageous after all but I wasn't before. Once I meet The Devil- I don't think my courage will stay with me anytime soon."

"As I said, no worries! I think? There we are! The Soul Counter Room! Oh boy, oh boy! Boss is going to be smacking his lips to the amount we've collected!" Henchman hurried inside the room. Looking up at the wall, he sees the counter going up with tremendous speed. The next minute it began to slow down making it a medium speed on the counters.

"Huh? Weird? Hm," Henchman grabbed his clipboard and wrote down the records of souls collected.

Mystic peeked into the room, seeing pipes and machines lying about. "This is it? It doesn't look so special and not so bad?" She walked in.

"Ah, n-no wait! You are not supposed to be here!" Henchman screamed, dropping his clipboard. "This is a demon's only area! It's restricted for any creature!"

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Mystic backed up, her ankle bumping against the pipe, making her fall down. "I had no idea-"

"HENCHMAN!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" A booming voice called out, making him and Mystic jump in place.

"Oh jeez! The Boss came back early! I think we're going to need a shortcut. Follow me and quickly!" Henchman rushed off, lifting his heavy body with his wings so he could fly to a mini elevator.

Mystic got up, following Henchman. Upon making it to the elevator, Mystic scratched her head. "It looks super small- How will I even fit?"

"I never thought this through... I guess you'll have to fit in somehow?" He shrugs, smiling awkwardly.

Mystic tried to crawl in, squeezing her body to fit in the elevator only for her face to be squished in with Henchman, their noses pushed in together. They both blushed, giggling before Henchman used his tail to pull the lever to take them down to the main foyer. There was nothing but an uncomfortable ride along with stares between the two.

Once they made it down the foyer where it led to the throne room, Henchman rolled out, his belly on Mystic's back while Mystic's face was on the floor.

"I'm so sorry! Here, let me help!" He got up off of her, grabbing her hands so she could stand again. "Here we are! The Devil's Throne Room. The foyer here is very decorative but I have to say his place in those giant doors is far superior!"