CH22: Alone Together

"Good idea on making that map! Now we can pinpoint areas to navigate to! Just look at how detailed it is! Very artsy, doll," Louie complimented.

Mystia giggled, "Thanks. I just hope that we can find my daughter soon. So we are here and where would the train be?"

"Doll, I don't think that ghost train will be coming. In fact, who knows? I have a hunch that it comes at dusk."

"Then we must have as much energy to find that train at night. Where was the last time you found the train?"

Louie scratched his head. "Huh? Last time I remember was when Mystic and I were coming out of that Bar we were at."

"Shall we go back there and wait?" Mystia rolled up the map.

"Now hold on, we don't know when it will arrive. We should try to see when that train is scheduled to arrive on that route."

"Let's hurry. There is not a moment to lose!" Mystia was about to dash down the streets but Louie grabbed her back shirt.

"Hold it, doll, we shouldn't just go there. Besides, I don't think a 'criminal' as they want to put it, should return to where the crime was committed. I hate to be in jail for taking drinks for free... How about' we just head to a mini market and get ourselves some more supplies on food and water? We need to avoid the cops though. I am your only hope for finding Mystic."

"I understand. I will try to hide you the best that I can. Even... If it gets me in trouble." Mystia continued off, having Louie follow her down the streets to gather whatever they needed to stock up on their journey to rescue Mystic.

***

"Are you almost done? We hate to waste the day away. You got a song to sing tonight," The Devil impatiently said. He was waiting for Mystic to change her clothing. As planned, The Devil was going to take her out somewhere fun.

"Just trying to put my shorts on," Mystic said, zipping them up. She came out of her room. "Sorry it took so long."

"Well, there was no need to be fancy or anything. So I have a plan so long as you don't run away."

"Of course not. I want to spend time with you, Devil, Sir. Where are we going?"

He held her hand, "You decide where we get to go. I only have a few rules; One, of course, no running off. Two, I will not let you seek your family. They are off limits. And three, nowhere that has cutesy things in it. Ewww, I just can't stand that."

Mystic took in everything that he wanted. She was going to be picking the places to go anyways so she should follow what he wanted. "Okay, well, could we maybe... Hm, I wonder- why not the carnival? It has nothing much cute in it unless you count stuffed animals as a cute item to wrench over."

"Carnival, you say? Why, my dear, that sounds actually fun." The Devil gave a devious grin, wanting to pull a few devilish pranks amongst the people there. "Though, I hate for the residents up on the surface world to cower before me. As much as I love it when they run and scream, we don't want chaos coming between us. I think this calls for a disguise."

"A disguise?" Mystic tilted her head.

The Devil tapped the ground with the bottom of his pitchfork. Flames consumed the two and brought them up to the Inkwell. In the carnival, they both appeared. An anthropomorphic elephant just jumped by the scene while he was licking his ice cream. His eyes widened, seeing the one and only, "THE DEVIL!!" He screamed! He ran off as fast as his feet could carry him.

"Oh my?" Mystic had her hand to her lips in worry.

"My fans, they love me," The Devil chuckled, snapping his fingers to transform himself into a human. "There we are, much better. I should have changed my appearance before coming here."