Chapter Nine: Coronal Quarry

Months have gone by since I came back to life and everything has been better. I recently got my stitches removed and my wounds are all healed up now. Heatwave has been more protective of me lately. Not particularly sure why but that's what's been happening. Today after finally getting out of the firehouse without Heatwave knowing, I was hunting a rabbit.

No particular reason. Just wanted to pass the time and get a bit more of my strength back from the bear attack. I wouldn't kill it, I'd just catch it and let it go. I pounced on it but went through it and I got caught in a net trap. The rabbit turned out to be a hologram. This wasn't good. The hologram rabbit disappeared and some tiki drones appeared.

Arms came out of a few of them and they took me to a camouflage helicopter and threw me in a cage. I barked at them but they didn't flinch and just started the helicopter. I couldn't call for help because I had no com link. I still don't like technology so that's why I don't have one. The helicopter travelled for what felt like hours when we finally landed.

The drones took the cage I was in out of the helicopter and presented me to a man. He had a blonde beard, wore a cowboy type hat with three claws around the base, a black shirt, black finger-less gloves, an olive green waistcoat with dark green shoulders and pockets, dark green trousers held up with a belt with a Q on it and a red bandana around his neck. He did not look friendly. This set off a lot of warnings on my head.

"I was expecting an animal, not a girl dressed as a fox," he said in an Australian accent coming close to me.

I growled at him with a sneer.

"Feisty young lady, aren't we?" He asked, "who are you, my dear?"

"What's it to ya?" I asked.

"Alright then. Allow me to be the first to introduce myself. Names Coronal Quint Quarry. Now it's your turn."

"The name's LET ME GO!"

"Playing hardball, are we? You are tougher than you appear."

"What do you expect from a fox?"

I was hoping he would be as confused as Heatwave was when we first met. How wrong I was.

"Ah! You must be the young girl that was supposed to be handed to me by Doctor Brown years ago. He told me you escaped because your fox side took over. I've finally found ya."

"You... were supposed to take me away?" I asked.

I was confused. What was going on?

"Yes, I was. Had to make money somehow so I asked a scientist I knew to experiment on anyone that came to him and bring the finished product to me. And that finished product is you, Charlotte (L/N)."

(A/N: if your name is actually Charlotte, you can change that)

Charlotte (L/N)? I've never heard that name before. I think I've seen it before. Wait, what? Where did that come from? I remember now! I was a deaf girl. My parents had told me that they found someone to finally give me my hearing. I trusted them and then everything went blank. I lost my memories! It's only now I remember because he told me my real name. I prefer (Y/N).

"Now, time to see what you can do," Quint said pulling me out of my thoughts, "Q drones! Take her to the arena."

The what?! They took me away and that's when I wished I had a comlink to contact Heatwave. I really need his help around about now.

Heatwave's POV:

(Y/N)'s gone missing and I'm getting worried. No one has seen her in hours which made me even more worried. Everyone has been searching the firehouse, town, the forest but she's just gone. We were still looking for her when Cody called us saying that he looked at the security cameras and saw Coronal Quarry's helicopter fly away from Griffin Rock. Quarry took her.

He can keep anything else but he will not keep (Y/N). We need to find them and when I get (Y/N) back, Quarry will pay for this. We then tried to track her down until we remembered that Quarry had some sort of signal blocker on his island and (Y/N) doesn't have anything that we can track her with. We have Quarry's old island so he no doubt found a new one. We'll never find her! I hope she's safe and not hurt. She's gone through enough lately.

(A/N: Allsparkwarrior gave me a few ideas on chapter six and I took some inspiration off of one of them so this is what I've done. See you next chapter)