Chapter Five: New home

So... we're in a bit of a predicament. Chief was unsure if (Y/N) was telling the truth about being a fox. I still find it odd that she does everything like a fox but she's human. Doc Green was over to take her blood but she wouldn't stay still. Everyone was trying to catch her but she was hard to catch. Eventually, we said that we wouldn't take her blood and she stopped running around.

I had an idea that she'll probably hate me for but it'll be worth it. I rubbed her head to keep her occupied while Doc Green took her blood. Once that was done, she growled at the doc. I didn't want to do that but we gotta figure out the truth. A few hours later, Doc Green came back with the results. She is half-human, half fox but her fox side has taken over her body and brain.

So she doesn't remember her life before this obvious experiment. All she thinks is that she's a normal fox. Now understanding the situation, Chief didn't arrest her for theft and destruction of private property. That made me happy. Now, what came next was apparently a struggle. (Y/N) needed a bath. But she refused it because she had one earlier apparently. She didn't look it and she certainly didn't smell like it. I really didn't want to say anything about so Danny told her.

And Danny ended up giving (Y/N) that bath but, apparently, she struggled because (Y/N) was trying to escape every two minutes. I can see that happening because I read that foxes are not the biggest fans of water. Once (Y/N) was dressed in an orange dress that Danny let her borrow, she ran to the bunker, where we were and ran away from Danny who was trying to brush her (H/C) hair. That's the first time I've seen her hair too because she always had her hood up.

"Heatwave, I thought you said you tamed her," Danny said taking a break from chasing (Y/N).

"I did. I guess she's not used to be treated like this," I told her.

"Well, can you tell her to stay still?"

And that's what I did but she popped out from behind the couch and said, "no," and hid again.

Déjà Vu.

"Please, you need your hair brushed," Danny told her.

"No, I don't."

"If we distract you, will you allow her to brush your hair?" I asked.

"Depends what you'll distract me with."

"Oh, I have an idea!" Blades said coming over excitedly, "what about some TV? I have so many fox movies she can watch!"

"Blades, just because she's a fox doesn't mean she'll want to watch a film about a fox," Danny said.

"And besides, some have hunters in them and..."

"Hunters? Where?!" (Y/N) asked interrupting me and ran off.

"You see my point?"

"I'll find one that won't scare her," Blades assured me.

I gave a nod and called (Y/N) back, assuring her that there were no hunters and that she was fine. She came out of hiding and Blades put a movie on that she wouldn't be scared of but still related to a fox. Robbin Hood. Animal version. And Robbin Hood is a fox. She was pretty occupied by it and Danny managed to brush her hair. When that was done, (Y/N) tied her hair up to look like fox ears. It was actually quite impressive because it was very well done. She's been doing this for a while, I could tell.

(Y/N)'s POV:

(Y/N)'s POV:

After the film, Danny dragged me out of the firehouse to do something called shopping. I don't know what that is. Heatwave offered to take us to the shops. When we arrived, Danny bought me more clothes, I chose anything with a fox on it because I felt comfortable being around my species. I also got a fox onesie with a tail.

While we were out, a lot of people were saying hello to me since they've never seen me before and I was being a bit distant from them because I'm still not overly comfortable around humans. I am very comfortable around Heatwave though. Well, I've spent more time with him than I have with anyone else. He is the one who tamed me after all. When we returned to the firehouse, I was given my own room that we started decorating it like the forest to make me feel more at home. It was fun.

(A/N: that's all I have this week

(A/N: that's all I have this week. See you next chapter)