Chapter 4: The Werewolf Fight

Chapter Four

Adrenaline pumped through Caleb's veins. Over a dozen Werewolves were staring at him and Isaac. Their gazes filled with hatred and disgust, waiting for the command to attack. The leader had straight coffee brown hair that reached the centre of her tanned back. Her face had a sharp bone structure with an oval birth mark on her right cheek. She didn't seem to have the authority of an alfa or beta but the others were looking for her guidance.

Isaac was uncharacteristically quiet, sitting on a wooden chair at the centre of the room. His jaw locked, gaze on the floor. His hands tied at the back of the chair with a metal chain. Caleb sat impatiently next him, clenching and clenching his hands next to his legs. Ferrah was taking what felt like hours, to come down stairs. She's Isaac last hope. If she doesn't persuade them not to, they'll kill him or sell him to a group of Vampire hunters to torture him.

Werewolves and Vampires were allies heretofore. They were both Rogue peoples who protected each other from the Communities. Then, a witch in Cognitio discovered how to do blood transfusions, giving Vampires an easy food source. The Vampires allied themselves with Cognitio and Salutem. This enraged the Werewolves, they felt betrayed. They declared Vampires their nemises and have been at war with each other since the sixteenth century.

As for why Caleb can't debate for Isaac. Werewolves have always hated Fays, but not nearly to the degree that they do Vampires. The Fays enjoy tricking people, Werewolves don't like being tricked. Therefor, Fays and Werewolves have an on going feud.

Ferrah finally arrived. Walked in slowly, weary of her surroundings. She was still wearing her sheer violet button up, leather leggings and high heeled boots. Her bangs were covering some of her dark eye makeup, eyes glowing electric turquoise. She scanned each Werewolf. Using her Elven ability.

Every Elf has a magical ability that they can preform without pixie-pulverem. Ferrah's ability is to know people's strength and weaknesses just by looking at them.

The lead Werewolf approaches Ferrah, staring her down. The girl was trying to intimidate her. Her eyes were dark charcoal eyes with orange flecks toward the centre. Ferrah intertwined her hands, probably to stop them from shaking. Caleb could tell she was panicking but she hid it well. The commander girl spoke first.

“My name's Taylor Longeway. I'm a the lead Warrior of the Capulum pack. Why do you want us to release the Vampire?” Taylor interrogated. Warriors are those who fight off dangers from the pack. The lead Warrior is in charge of all the Warriors in their pack. They're higher status than anyone who isn't a lead of other groups in the pack.

All the members of the pack are assigned their status at birth. Which is decided by who the parents are and what members the pack is in need of. So the amount of power get are partly by blood and part luck.

“My name's Ferrah Sophos, Elf.” Ferrah croaked, her voice wavering slightly. “I would much appreciate if you release my brother. None of us knew their was a Werewolf pack in town. We didn't mean to offend you by bringing him here.”

“You still brought him here, that alone is punishable by death. I'm being kind by letting you and your Fay go.” Taylor said, spitting out the word 'Fay'.

“I know we appreciate your kindness, we just don't want to lose our brother.” Ferrah explained, politely. An uneasy look passing over her face. Taylor gracefully swept her hand in the air, rolling her eyes. Dismissing Ferrah's apology.

“If you didn't come here to displease our pack, you came here for another reason. Tells us why and if the information benefits us, I'll release you.” Taylor rationed, a sinister smile darkening her face. She's a horrible liar, so she'll have to tell the truth, but she'll have to avoid telling them who the siren is. Ferrah swallowed her fear.