Chapter 2: Rose Timons Birthday Party

Chapter 2

Caleb pulled out a dark mahogany trunk out from under the small twin bed. The mahogany jerked awkwardly against the burnt orange and rust brown checkered commercial carpet. The room was almost bare except for the bed, two blowup mattresses and boxes of cold pizza. The walls were painted school bus yellow. It certainly wasn't the prettiest motel room. Unfortunately, it was the only momentary living option in this horribly small town.

A Pentagram was carved on the lid of the trunk. It was sealed shut by a massive padlock. Even though Caleb has seen the trunk many times before, however he never got used to the slight vibration of strong magic that sends chills down his spine. Slowly Isaac and Ferrah squatted down next him, both observing the box. Ferrah tenderly placed her hand on top the symbol. She closed her eyes, started to concentrate her energy on the Pentagram. A glow spread beneath her palm. A satisfactory clicking sound came from the padlock. Caleb yanked off the lock, feeling the power contained in the trunk. Inside there was a bunch of Inhuman objects lay on top The Book of the Rebels.

Ferrah reached in, fumbled her hand inside, then pulled out a pouch pixie-pulverem. She then wobbled over to Isaac's air mattresses on her four inch heals. She took off the vile, attached to a leather string that hung around her neck. She removed the corkscrew, and added a few grams of a golden powder of pixie-pulveem. Her vile doesn't look like much nevertheless in the hands of an Elf, like Ferrah, it can be used for any sort of magic.

Isaac stared at Caleb curiously.

“So, Ferrah you're going to look for Grimoires and Spell books in Meghan's father's bookshop. While you and I are going to party with a some hot chicks.” Isaac said, with an arrogant smirk. Caleb rolled his eyes.

“No we're going to Rose Timon's party to spike her drink, not to party.” Caleb responded.

“I'm sorry, I forgot that partying is so much worse than spiking a girls drink.” Isaac retorted, sarcastically.

“We're not giving her LSD, just augendae. Which isn't a drug.” Caleb pointed out.

“If augendae isn't a drug, then what is it?” Questioned Isaac.

“It's a potion that Ferrah has kindly made for us.” Ferrah fist pumped in the air. “That will cause a burst of Inhuman energy.” Explained Caleb.

“What happens if a mortal drinks augendae?” Said Isaac, analytically.

“If a mortal drinks augendae they would get sick, I guess.” Caleb responded.

“Cool.” Isaac replied.

“Wait a second.” Added Ferrah, getting off the air mattress. “So you guys get to attend a high school party, while I have to hang out with a geeky girl in a boring bookshop. May I asked why?” Twisting her thin brown hair with two of her fingers.

“You hate Inhuman parties, so you most likely won't enjoy mortal mortal ones.” Replied Caleb.

“Then, why's Isaac going?” Asked Ferrah.

“Let me break this down for you. I. Am. A. Vampire.” Snapped Isaac, obnoxiously pronouncing every syllables. “I'm strong enough to fight anybody who causes trouble. Oh yeah, and you're a girl.” Ferrah's face started turning red with anger. “Oh, don't give me that look. It's simple biology boys are physically stronger than girls.” Ferrah was standing completely still, her eyes filled with rage.

“Okay.” She said, anger thick in her voice. “I'll leave you men to do the mission. While I sit quietly in a bookstore.” She did a deep mock curtsy. “Good day gentlemen.” She said with a phony innocent accent, then left the motel room with a door slam.