Chapter TwentySix

When the building stopped shaking and Adamo looked up from his arms, he saw that the hall looked like something from the demon world.

“Oh shit!” Jake exclaimed from beside him, looking at the rubble that had fallen from the ceiling. “What is going on?”

“It’s Kenzi.” Sam said, his tone and expression sober as he stared off into the distance.

“What?” Adam asked him, but Sam just shook his head, refusing to answer.

“We need to get to her, we need to get to her now! We have to get her and escape this place or we’re all gonna die in this place.” Sam explained to the others. “But we cant take the elevator, with the electricity out like this I don’t think it’ll even work.”

“We can go through the fire exit, in the stairwell.” Jake suggested.

“But I don’t know that way. I’ve never been there and I don’t know where it’ll end up!” Adam argued, breathing heavy.

“You don’t, but I do.” A small voice said from behind them. The boys turned around to see Rachel stood there, watching them with a strange expression, it almost looked like she was scared.

“What is she doing here?” Jake snapped, glaring at the brown haired girl.

“She must have followed me, she was the one who got them to take Kenzi sooner.”

“What!” Sam exclaimed, his eyes going wide. Then before one of the other boys cold hold him back, he stormed up to the girl and pushed her against the wall.

“What the fuck, we could have gotten out of here if it wasn’t for you, she would be safe!” he yelled, his face inches from her own. Any suggestion of fear that she might have had now disappeared and was replaced with a deadly grin.

“Oh yeah, I forgot, she’s your baby doll isn’t she. Not Adams.” she said, sound dead. Sam tensed p, his hands clenching into fists and for a second he contemplated punching her, but he couldn’t. “She’s just wasting or time, come on, we need to go!” he said to the others, how did they not realize that Kenzi's life could potentially be in the balance right now. Sam cold feel it, just like he could feel when she needed him. He cold feel all the pain and suffering that she was experiencing and he knew that he was the only one that could stop it.

“You’ll have to bring me with you. You don’t know the way through the basement, and you can even ask Adam, it’s like a catacombs down there.” Rachel spat angrily.

“No, we can’t even think about bringing her with us. WE’RE NOT!” Sam argued.

“I hate to say it, but I think that we’ll need her, if you want to find Kenzi quickly anyway.” Adam said. Sam gave him a disgruntled look, not believing that he cold even suggest bringing Rachel along.

2Why do yo even want to come anyway, it’s not like you want to help s find Kenzi?” Jake asked, his expression as equally suspicious as Sam.

“Because I know that you’re going to escape and I want in, and so does Trevor.” She practically yelled, her nostrils flaring.

“What!” they exclaimed, as Trevor rounded the corner to come stand next to Rachel, grinning incessantly.

“You heard me. We want in, and you can’t really stop us.” She responded with a flick of her hair.

“We can’t trust them!” Jake said, turning his back on Rachel and Trevor. “We seriously can’t bring them with us.”

Sam stared at the floor, looking crestfallen. Jake was about to continue arguing against bringing Rachel and Trevor wit them, but Sam held up a hand to shut him up.