Project Stubborn-Kitten

Raghav took a step closer and raised his hand to wipe a damp cheek.

His fingers had barely brushed her skin when she recoiled back in shock. They curled as he withdrew his disobedient hand for the second time in the last five minutes.

Sia wiped her cheeks with her one free hand and frowned at him, momentarily forgetting her pain. Was he actually about to commit such a despicable act of indecency? With so many spectators around?

Ignoring the fiery glare radiating from the offended girl, he stepped back. 'Remove your hand. Let me see it.'

Sia blinked at the rising coolness in his eyes, and the diminishing tenderness in his aura. Was that demand she was hearing in his voice?

She brought her hand down because she wanted to get this ordeal to end as soon as possible. His commanding voice had nothing to do with it, she decided.

He narrowed his eyes, inspecting her injury from his spot. How long does it take to look at a minor bruise? Clenching her jaws, she waited impatiently under his unnerving scrutiny. He was just studying her forehead. Could someone please inform that to her assuming heart so it would stop banging against her ribs?

'I need to go.' Sia murmured in subdued protest.

'No. You don't,' he said, bringing his attention to her face. 'I suggest you sit inside while I get you some water and then we need to go to the dispensary,' he said. He stepped aside, directing her to move inside the café.

Sia didn't like the tone of the suggestion. It suspiciously sounded more like a command. The 'we' did not miss her attention either. There was no way in hell they were going anywhere as a 'we'.

Yet, the prospect of having a sip of water and resting appealed to her throbbing head. So she swallowed the rebel in her and started to follow his suggestion.

'Wait.'

She paused and held her breath as two hands expertly removed the heavy load around her shoulders in one fluid motion.

The simple action pulled down a chunk of air in her lungs to the hollows of her gut. Her upper back muscles slacked, thanking him for the unexpected lightness. Sia, however, resorted to an unimpressed frown.

He responded with a calm smile. 'I see your stubbornness and raise you by my unrelenting persuasion.'

She stood rooted to her spot, smoothening her haphazard breathing.

'After you.' he stepped aside, ignoring the unasked question in her eyes.

She moved into the cafe, and he followed.

.
.

Raghav ordered a bottle of water and some ice and observed her from afar as she settled with Saumya.

A few moments ago, one thing was crystal clear for him. Any attempt to disregard his attraction towards this girl was pointless. He was attracted to her. Period.

Another taunting reality was her rocklike resistance to him. Her consistent refusal to budge an inch from her standpoint. She had pegged him in a box, by courtesy of his amazing friends, and had no intentions of letting things go.

Time and again, he had apologised to her and every sincere effort had died an undignified death at her hands. If there was anything the girl had perfected, it was the fine art of holding a grudge.

The key to her securely bolted iron-clad door to forgiveness was beyond his reach. There was only one option left. Melt down the damn walls.

Or get the hell away from the castle of the ice princess with his dignity intact.