7- I Wanna Dance With Somebody

♪Now playing - I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston♪

4 days later, 3 days until the big performance

The two were at the dance studio in one of their free rooms, soft music was playing in the background as the two practiced. Tina moved her foot forward and accidentally stepped on Jimmy Jr's foot. The boy whined in pain, his face scrunching up a bit in discomfort.

"Ahh! I'm sorry!" The girl apologized, full of guilt.

"No it's fine, let's take a break, we've been working since we got here" the boy said calmly as he went and turned off the radio.

The girl groaned loudly, "Ugh! Why am I still messing up that part?!" She pushed the hair out of her face. They had figured out the routine but the stress has been getting to Tina a little bit.

"Tina it's okay-"

"No it's not! We have three days and I'm making mistake, after mistake!" She shouted at him, lashing her arms to be away from her in frustration. The girl sat down and put her face in her hands, he sighed sitting down next to her "hey it's going to be okay, the pre-performance nerves are just getting to you that's all" he attempted to comfort her, patting her on the shoulder. The elder Belcher daughter rested her head on his shoulder and sighed, she could be quite clingy at times. He found that out in the time they've been hanging out with each other, even if he knew this it didn't stopping his breath from getting caught in his throat everytime. He figured out that he might have a tiny, very small, crush on Tina but he decided it was best to not bring it up right now. For all he knew, they would go back to the way it was before the day he found out about Tina's bet. He hoped not, but it was still a possibility.

"What if it isn't okay..?" She asked quietly, grabbing a fistful of his shirt. Jimmy Jr brought his arm up to be around her. "It will, don't worry." He said reassuringly.

They sat in content silence then, an idea popped in his head. "I know something that's going to calm you down." he stood up and turned the radio back on, taking out the CD and changing the channel so some pop song was on. He went and pulled Tina up so she was standing.

"What are we doing?" She looked at him confused. "We're going to dance!" He told her happily.

"Isn't that what we've been doing?"

"Yes, but now we're going to dance however we want!" Jimmy Jr said as he smiled widely. He began to dance, but his way. He twisted, he turned, he did whatever felt right. "Come on Tina, show me your moves!" He called over to her, Tina looked over to him cautiously. "It's fun, I promise!" He reassured.

She sighed, nervously beginning to dance. It didn't take long for her to get comfortable. She swayed her hips, twirling around, and moved herself gracefully. "That's what I'm talking about! Keep going!" He encouraged, reaching out and taking her hands in his. Jimmy Jr smiled at her and moved them around the room. He moved a hand to be at her waist and she moved a hand to be on his shoulder. The boy put a foot forward and Tina took one back, they side stepped then she took a foot forward and he stepped back. They continued these movements around the room, not breaking eye contact.

"I'm going to spin you then I'm gonna dip you, okay?"

She nodded. He twirled her around a few times, extending her out then bringing her back towards him and dipping her. They stayed that way for a bit, still staring up at eachother. A small blush dusted their cheeks, Jimmy Jr could feel his heart pound against his chest. Neither said anything. He had the urge to kiss her, he wanted to do badly but no. He couldn't.

The Belcher girl started to giggle, causing him to as well. They laughed until their cheekbones hurt, when it stopped they looked at eachother with smiles on. He lifted her back up, "feeling better?" He asked.

"Yup! Thanks Jimmy Jr." She said, he chuckled "it was nothing."

"Ready to get back to practice?"

"You bet!"

--

Chapter 7 complete! Almost done 👀