+16+

【LoadingChapter...】
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 10% ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 30% █████▒▒▒▒▒ 50% ███████▒▒▒ 70%
██████████100%

The kettle on the stove got warmer as I stood across from Balloon, who sat on a stool and had his head propped up against his hand. He had a sleepy look in his eyes, but a soft smile and a light blush on his cheeks.

"What kind of tea are you making?" He asked.

"Just some green tea, are you sure you don't want to try some?"

I could see him think for a moment, "You know what, sure, why not."

Just as he said that, the kettle began to whistle. I opened the cupboard, grabbing two mugs and two tea bags. Setting the tea bags inside of the mug, I then grabbed the kettle, and poured hot water in, "You'll wanna wait maybe 5 minutes before taking the bag out."

"Alright," He nodded, and I slid a mug over to him.

"When are you planning on going home?"

Balloon seemed to not have thought about that yet, and he took a moment before saying, "probably after I drink this."

"Alright, I can walk with you there if you'd like. I need to go help Baseball clean up from the party, anyways."

He looked up with a bit of concern, "N-no, no, I'll walk there myself. Thank you for offering, though."

'Damn' I thought to myself. I was hoping to get out of going to Baseballs, as Nickel was also going to be there, and, judging by the texts I woke up to, he wasn't very happy with me. I shrugged, taking the tea bag out of the mug, "Ok, no problem."

"Can I drink it now?" He asked timidly. I nodded, and he went to take a sip.

A moment passed before he spoke, "...I don't think I like it. It smells better than it tastes, if I'm being honest."

"Ah, no worries, its just leaf water anyways, no big loss," I smiled.

After a few minutes of me drinking tea and us chatting, we went outside. The air was noticably sharper, and a frost had set across the grass. The sky was a light blue, and there were barely any clouds. I noticed a big pile of leaves on the lawn, my mischevous side taking note. It was a great contrast from inside. Luckily I had grabbed a jacket on my way out. However, Balloon surpressed a shiver about every 3 seconds, and his cheeks and nose grew redder from the cold.

"Balloon, I can go grab you a jacket or sweatshirt, if you want," I offered.

He nodded quickly, a shiver barely visible as he was trying to block it, "p-please." I walked back inside, going up the stairs to find a suitable sweatshirt. Thankfully we're about the same height, he's just a little heavier than me. I grab an orange and yellow tie-dyed one, and I rushed back downstairs to the door. When I opened it I was met with that freckled face.

"Wow, you really needed this, huh?" I teased. He hummed in agreement, putting the sweatshirt on. I felt my face grow warmer as I saw him wearing my sweatshirt.

"Thank you," He smiled, "lets get going, then."

I felt myself start being panicky as I nodded shyly, and we walked out the door. I glanced over at the leaf pile, trying to find a way to make him stay longer. Suddenly, it donned on me. I ran over to the pile, grabbing a fist full of wet leaves and sneaking up behind Balloon.

"Suitcase? Where'd you-"

"HAHA!" I threw the leaves at him and dashed back to the pile for more. He stumbled back a bit, leaves caught in his hair, and he grew a competitive expression. I grabbed another fist full and ran towards him. However, he was able to grab my wrist and throw the leaves back at me. I clenched my eyes, and when I looked up he was hastily grabbing wads of leaves. The rush of adrenaline caused me to run towards him, but my legs did not stop. I tackled him by accident, rolling into the pile of leaves. My back was against the ground, and through our laughter I felt his curly hair brushed up against my chin before he got onto his elbows. I felt warm despite the cool air around us. Suddenly, Balloon stopped laughing, and I felt an odd tension brewing as I opened my eyes. His face was beet red as I realized that we were mere inches away from each other. I could feel my heart rate quicken despite the fact that we were both frozen in place. It felt like years before one of us even moved. Balloon carefully moved himself to lie next to me instead.

"S-sorry," was all he said. I felt every cell of my body tingling with anticipation and nervousness.

"I-It's alr-right," I whispered. My chest was pounding so hard, he could probably hear it. I tried to suppress every urge I had and just lay there, but eventually one slipped through the gaps. I slowly reached over and grabbed his hand. He jumped, as though I shook him from a daze.

"We... We should start walking."

"Y-yeah."

ᐯOTE ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕOᗰᗰEᑎT :)
+Word Count: 883+
【Shutting down...】