+11+

【LoadingChapter...】
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 10% ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 30% █████▒▒▒▒▒ 50% ███████▒▒▒ 70%
██████████100%

"Haha! I was waiting to spike you like that!" I grinned victoriously as the screen read 'Pac-man Wins!'

"This is nothing like Brawl, you have a clear advantage!" Balloon laughed, fake-pouting. I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Yeah, Meta Knight isn't OP anymore, so maybe that's why you can't win."

Balloons eyes drifted towards the window, "Uh, what time is it?"

I looked at the clock, which read 6:47. I felt a hole open in my stomach.

"We gotta work on our history project!" I stood up sharply. The thought had completely slipped from my mind due to the video games.

"Alright, well let's get started, right?"

"Yeah, I have the slideshow half done," I pulled out my laptop from my backpack, sitting back down on the couch, "and we can work on the poster together once I finish this, I have the supplies in my closet," I pointed to a door on the wall.

"O-oh, alright then," there was a slight hesitation as he went over to the door. I opened up the slideshow, titled 'The Industrial Revolution,' and I began to work on it.

A moment later, Balloon was on the floor in front of me, working on the poster board. I couldn't help myself, and I peeked behind my computer screen at him. His face was dusted in freckles, but he was surprisingly very clear skinned. He also had his very curly, red hair, which I initially thought was dyed but apparently it is natural. His amber eyes expressed that he was deep in thought, and he stuck out his tongue slightly. I wonder what he's thinking about?...

"..uhm, Suitcase?"

"W-what?.."

"You're staring... a-at me," Balloon's cheeks grew pink.

"I.. S-Sorry, I was zoning out."

"It's ok, how close are you to done with the slideshow?"

"Almost there," I grinned, "I can finish the rest later, let's get this poster done."

"Oh, alright then!" He moved himself to the side a little, and I moved to sit on the floor next to him.

"I went ahead and put the title on, as well as the drawing that's required," he said, gazing over at the rubric. The poster caught my attention, the title had been done in an industrial style, with little screws and metal bits decorating it, and the drawing of the steamboat was amazingly detailed.

"Balloon," I turned to him, and I pointed at the drawing.

"I-is it not good?" I saw a panicked look flow over him, which made my heart crack.

"No! It's so good, I love it! Balloon, you did such a good job! How come you never told me you could draw?"

His worry quickly shifted into a fluster, his face turning red, "O-oh, th... thank you, S-Suitcase.. b-but it's not that good-"

"Balloon, shut up and take a compliment!" I giggled, putting a hand on his shoulder, "I swear people just can't accept that they're good at things sometimes."

Balloon simply nodded, turning back to the poster.

"You better be taking that compliment! I mean it!" I pretended to be mad, stifling a laugh as I spoke. He seemed to get the message, and then... he smirked...

"What if I don't want to?"

I gasped, "Balloon you're going to get in trouble if you don't accept that you're a cool person who's good at stuff."

"What kind of trouble?" His smirk was starting to get my heart racing.

"I'll be sad and I'll hit you," I made it sound really bad, but he wasn't fazed.

"Do it then, not like it's the first time-" I interrupted him by lightly slapping his face and swiftly turning my back on him, crossing my arms.

"That's what you get," I looked over my shoulder at him and traced my finger from my eye to cheek, like a tear drop.

He sighed, "Ok, ok, I accept the compliment."

"What was it again? Say it."

He shook his head, "I'm a cool person that's good at stuff."

"Thank you," I smiled, "alright now we actually have to get work done."

"R-right-"

ᐯOTE ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕOᗰᗰEᑎT :)
+Word Count: 692 +
【Shutting down...】