Return of Mount Justice

Central City

10:24 EDT, Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ark tapped his foot, his eyes narrowing at the supervillain now tied up before him. "Let me get this straight. You wanted to defeat the Flash."

The captive wore an orange and blue striped shirt and a midnight cape. His pants were half orange and half yellow with blue polka dots. "Exactly! For I am the Trickster, his greatest archenemy."

"Uh-huh." The alien hero blinked. "I was just walking down the street and saw something sticking out from behind the warehouse." He gestured to the Rube Goldberg machine of assorted objects and weapons. "Lo and behold, I find you stuffing a bowling ball into a turkey.

"Yes! It is one of the ways that I will overpower the scarlet speedster." He snapped his fingers. "I never had a chance to set up the crates of Orbeez and marbles."

Before Ben could reply, the familiar speedster finally arrived. "Ark! I got your call."

"Thanks, Flash." Ark pointed a thumb at the Trickster. "We were just talking about you."

A yellow blur soon followed with the red-headed teen from before coming in. "I came as fast as I could, Flash."

Ben smiled. "Hey, it's Mini-Flash!"

Hearing the name, the protege frowned. "It's Kid Flash. No one gets to call me Mini-Flash."

"Yeah, only I get to do that," declared the Trickster.

The teen rolled his eyes before staring at the man. "What? James? You relapsed."

Ben raised a brow. "Am I missing something here?"

Flash apologized. "He's got a medical condition. We know who to bring him to." He walked around the contraption for a bit. "I have to say, James. This might have been your most complicated work yet."

The villain smiled. "Thanks, Flash. That means a lot."

"That's not a good thing," replied KF. He looked at Ark. "So you're the new guy?"

"Yup. Nice to finally meet you. Flash has said a lot about you."

The teen laughed. "Good things, I hope."

"He mentioned how you kept crashing into walls when you first started."

"I figured..." Kid Flash rolled his eyes. "I heard how you helped out the League against Wotan. You turned into a bunch of different aliens and kicked his but. Man, I wish we could have joined you guys."

"I mean, I helped, but Zatara took control of the situation. It was a battle of magic, after all.

KF scoffed. "Magic. Yeah, sure." He walked away, smelling something good coming.

Ark noted the tone, but he didn't press on the matter.

Meanwhile, James was chatting with Flash. "I was hoping we could try it out later today, but never got a chance to finish."

"That's for the best. We'll take care of you in a bit." Flash turned to Ark. "On lighter news, the League finished going over the paperwork, and they want to see you again today about your probation membership."

Ben smiled. "That sounds like good news."

The scarlet speedster turned to the teen, too. "We would also like to see you and your friends."

Kid Flash stopped disassembling the contraption and held a turkey with a bite removed. "You guys are keeping your word about giving us more freedom?"

"Something like that. Batman will explain it better than I can." Flash walked over to the Trickster and picked him up. The two became a blur and a few seconds later, Flash returned, dusting his hands.