Independence Day Part 2

Earlier, Gotham City, July 4th; 16:15 EDT

Harley pushed open the apartment door before crashing on the couch with a groan.

Pam came after, taking a seat to the left. "Did you really have to down all that food?"

The blond raised her arms. "It was an all-you-can-eat special! They were calling to me, Ives. The steak, the shrimp, the butter, it was so good." Her stomach grumbled in discomfort. "Oh, why didn't you stop me?"

Ivy shook her head. "I tried, multiple times. I said to pace yourself or have some of my salad, but you said 'It's a holiday. I can treat myself however I want.'"

"Damn you, past Harley. You always make my life harder."

"That's one way to put it." Ivy handed the TV remote before walking to the kitchen. "I'll check if I have any antacid tablets."

"Thanks..." Harley lazily flipped through the channels before landing on a familiar face."

Summer Gleeson stood on the grass with several families being thawed or chipped from ice. "Tragedy struck this fourth of July as one Mister Freeze began his reign of terror. As many people were shot by his signature freeze. Thankfully, the caped crusader and his young ward put a stop to him. We have more details after the break.

"Huh, I thought I heard his name at the other table."

"What was that, Harls?" Ivy called as she dug through the drawers.

"Nothing much. It looks like Freeze went out and got caught again."

"It's the middle of summer. He usually waits for the fall. What the hell is doing in this heat?"

"Don't know. Kinda weird for Freeze to terrorize people. He's usually robbing places. It's not in his profile."

"You really need to stop profiling us, considering you're also one of us."

"What can I say, old habits die hard. Hey, you ever think I should start my own crew?"

"I run solo most of the time, so I don't think I'm the right person to ask." Soon, the sky and the room began to dim, leaving the girls confused with only the TV partially lighting the room.

"Uh, who turned out the lights?"

"Hold on." With a wave of her hand, Ivy summoned a bio-luminescent bulb. Making her way to the light switch, the apartment went back to normal, relatively speaking. "The hell was that all about?"

The girls looked out the window to see the entire city darkened. Slowly, street lights illuminated, showing many concerned citizens. "This can't be good," Pam stated dryly.

Harley waved her off dismissively. "Nah, I'm sure the Justice Dweebs has it covered."

Atlantic City, New Jersey, Present

Terraspin looked at the floating wizard crackling with magic, thrashing against Captain Marvel in the distance. "Well, sh*t..." 'I might have to bring out the big guns.'

Just as Wotan began chanting another spell, Wonder Woman caught him in her lasso to slam him into the Earth, cratering the ground. Pulling himself to his feet, Tora struck him with icy blasts keeping him in place. Aquaman followed up striking his chest with a trident, sending him flying through another building. Seeing the opening, Hal constructed two jets before unleashing their arsenal down below. It didn't take long for the entire building to explode.

With the pause in fighting, John released the shield around some of the members before flying up to his "Was that really necessary," complained John.

Hal shrugged. "It worked, didn't it."