A Brief History

Hall of Justice, Washington, D.C

16:45 EDT, Monday, July 5, 2010

Across the world, the Hall of Justice was known as the headquarters of the Justice League. From what Ben heard, their HQ used to be secret, but it was discovered a few years back, so they had to move and decided to go more public.

It was about an hour ago that he saw Tora and Beatriz off on their flight. 'They certainly know how to leave a lasting impression. I hope they have fun in Europe.' The uniformed hero observed its grand marble structure. 'Much better looking than the Pentagon.' Turning to the steps, he saw several families taking pictures on the steps to the building. When Ben first arrived on the grounds, he got a few warry looks from visiting parents. Unsure who he was supposed to meet, Ben went with the direct approach, entering the Hall.

Immediately, the guard by the door noticed the masked individual and radioed it in. "Please advise. We have an unknown super on the premises."

(=_=) "You know that I can hear you, right?"

He called in again. "The super is getting snippy with authority." Officer Johnson walked up to the man with suspicion. "Can I help you, sir?"

Ben sighed. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I have an appointment with the League."

Johnson raised a skeptical brow. "Oh, really. Let's see if you're on the list. This way, please." The officer led the alien hero past reception and toward the administration section. There, a Caucasian woman with green eyes and long black hair worked at her computer. He cleared his throat, bringing her attention away from the screen.

"Oh, Officer Johnson. How can I help you?" Looking behind the guard, her eyes widened at the masked man.

(^_^) "Hello," waved Ben.

Cobert blinked at the innocent behavior. "Um, hi." She turned back to the officer. "I see that we have a unique visitor." 'I hope to God that we aren't about to get held hostage again.' "Are we having any issues?" she asked nervously.

Johnson crossed his arms. "He says that he has an appointment with the League."

(/_\) "I'm sorry. Did I come at a bad time, miss...?"

"Catherine Cobert," she carefully replied.

"Uh... I'm Ark. I have a Five o'clock appointment."

"I see." She started checking her work calendar and found a new entry from yesterday. Reading it, she raised a brow. "I believe this is the right one."

Johnson huffed. "Looks like you weren't lying."

"Again, why would I do that?"

The officer crossed his arms. "You'd be surprised by the upstarts that try to sneak in here during the day hoping to pick a fight with the League."

"Yup." Cober nodded slowly. "I've had to order rebuilding the south wall multiple times. In any case, I'll send a message to the League's representative, and you can take a seat until they arrive. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for someone to come."

Johnson placed a firm hand on the young man. "Stay out of trouble, you hear. I know Superman." With that, the officer started walking back to his post.

At the admin section, Ark sat quietly, not wanting to upset anyone by accident. He saw other workers leading tour groups, and a few stares were sent his way again. It was interesting how the supposed HQ was partially open to the public. 'Maybe there's a secret elevator to an underground bunker.'

Catherine called out his name. "I got a response. Someone will be here shortly.

Like clockwork, one of the security doors opened revealing the representative, Wonder Woman or rather Ambassador Diana. Instead of her uniform, she wore business attire. Seeing her new ally from yesterday, she smiled. "I apologize for the wait. The session at the UN took longer than expected, and the others still have business to take care of."