Coup

"All I hear from you now is failure after failure. The assault on St. Gloriana, the defeat of the Nishizumi sisters, and now I hear that some of our allies are squabbling amongst each other!" barked Aleksandr.

"Sir, one more strike, and our victory will be secured! All we have to do is kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down," replied Konstantin.

Aleksandr gave Konstantin a cold stare who replied with nothing.

"I have had Monika set up a meeting between the FSSD and us, this war ends today."

"Yes sir," grumbled Konstantin.

"Before we begin I would like to thank Commander Monika for organizing this meeting and the commanders of the FSSD for accepting. Ladies this war has gone long enough. My comrades and I, are willing to enter in negotiations between our two parties."

Konstantin looked at him in shock. "What? We can't!" he protested.

"Stay out of this," replied Aleksandr.

Klara and Nonna looked at each other in confusion. 

"Both combatants have dealt terrible losses, it's time we end this Klara."

Konstantin turned his back on commanders and reached into his jacket. Nearby Makarov noticed some of the guards place their fingers near their triggers. Suddenly Konstantin turned around and aimed his nickel-plated Tokarev and shot Aleksandr in the back. The room gasped as KSU soldiers disarmed other guards and commanders. Aleksandr fell off his chair while commanders from both sides raised their hands. Among them, Perla, Monika, and other Konev commanders slowly backed towards Makarov who also held his hands up. 

"You Monster!" screamed Klara clutching Aleksandr in her arms.

"Good riddance," spat Konstantin.

He stepped over Aleksandr's body and addressed the room.

"I am sorry to announce that we do not accept this negotiation. This war will last until a white flag is flying over every one of your tanks!"

He then turned to the Konev commanders.

"Ladies, your services are no longer required," he grinned.

Finally, he turned to some of his men.

"Comrades if you would please."

"Yes commander," replied one guard before leaving with four others.

"What news commander?" asked Isakov.

"One of the crew heard something like a gunshot, probably the commander opening his champagne," replied the Deck Officer.

"Peace at last eh? When we get back to port I'm finding myself a bar and a game of pool," said the Captain.

Suddenly another officer came rushing into the bridge.

"Captain! We've got trouble," she said.

"What?" he asked.

"Guards, coming here with guns."

"Lock the doors," ordered the Captain

The officer locked the doors and moved back towards the crewmembers. The guards arrived and attempted to open the door but soon shot the lock and made their way inside.

"Hands up!" shouted a guard.

"What the fuck is this!" cried the Captain.

"Shut your mouth, new orders from Commander Konstantin."

"You know what happens to fucking mutineers?" asked the Captain.

The guard swiped the butt of his gun across the Captain's cheek forcing him onto the floor. 

"Let me guess. You hang!"