𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍-𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas started to approach the Destariya. He wanted answers and he was determined to get them. "Who are you really Destariya?"

The teen turned to see him storming towards her. His eyes held rage and his fists were clenched. She didn't answer at first causing Thomas to charge at her but Frypan and Luke held Thomas back telling him to listen to what the girl had to say.

"I'm hurt Thomas" She pulled out the photo from her jacket pocket and handed it to Thomas "Do you not remember your own sister?"

Thomas snatched the photo off Destariya and inspected it. Sure enough, memories started to come back to him of the two of them before the flare. Memories of a little Thomas rocking his baby sister. Memories of Thomas and Destariya in a control room. Memories of seeing her on fire for the first time. The memory of Destariya saying goodbye for what he thought was the last time.

Thomas couldn't help the tears streaming down his face and he did something that was unexpected for Destariya. Something she wanted him to do the moment she saw him. He hugged her.

"I'm sorry I forgot" The young boy cried.

Destariya didn't know how to respond seeing her brother in this state. She just hugged his back and tried to calm him down. The two of them walked off to apologize to each other, catch up with what each other missed, and to also talk about a rescue plan for the friends they lost to Wicked.

When they returned Frypan asked the group a question. "What do we do now?"

Vincent looked around him "We'll we pick up what's left of us we stick to the plan we get you kids, to the safe haven. Then we start over I guess"

Thomas picked his backpack off the ground and spoke up "Me and Destariya aren't going with you"

"What?" Vincent questioned.

"I made a promise to Minho that I wouldn't leave him behind I have to go after him" Thomas explained.

"And I made a promise to the Elites. I told Ivy and Zander I wouldn't let anyone hurt them. I told Dom if Wicked ever got him I'd get him back. I intend to keep my promise" She told them.

"Hey, kids look around you. All right? Wicked just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed"

"We're not asking anyone to come with us," Destariya told Vincent.

Newt approached Destariya and Thomas and cautiously held Destariya's hands. He didn't fear the young girl like most of the people there did but he did fear the fact that people can't control their emotions when they have lost important people.

"Listen to me Luv I've known Minho... Well as long as I can remember. So if there was any way that we could help him trust me I would be right up there standing next to you. This what you two are talking about is impossible"

"More like suicide" Jorge commented.

"Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now... What we are supposed to do" Thomas turned to his sister "It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone Wicked's ever taken everyone they will take. They'll never stop"

Destariya nodded in agreement "They'll never stop so we are going to stop them."

"We are going to kill Ava Paige" Thomas finished.

"I have to admit... I'd like some revenge" Harriet told Vincent.

Vincent still wasn't sure about their plan. "So what do we have this time that we didn't have last time?" Vincent questioned.

"This time Vincent my old friend you have a seriously pissed-off Elite. And I have no one to hold me back" Destariya responded.

"Well, that's a good speech kid. So what's your plan?"