Chapter six

Hey guys. Sorry for the long update. I've just lost my inspiration to write at the moment. Plus I've got so many assignments to give in before the end of the year. Hope you enjoy this chapter

Chapter six

Isaac’s POV

Sighing I placed my glass of brandy down on my office table. Delos sat on the other side staring into his glass like it was magically going to disappear or something. “What are we going to do?” I groaned and ran a hand over my face before staring back up at the ceiling again. I saw Delos shrug from the side of my eye and take another sip of his drink.

“I don’t know Isaac but the pack needs a Luna. We also know that your mother wasn’t always going to be there to fill the role and now that she’s gone…” He didn’t need to say the rest. I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

“I’m not leaving the pack.” I told him “Especially when the rogues are acting suspicious and they could attack at any moment.”

“But you know they won’t.” He argued back and I growled harshly.

“How do you know that?” There was silence in the room before I stared at Delos until he bowed his head towards me.

“I don’t know alpha. I must go.” He placed his glass down on the bench before leaving quietly. The feeling of loneliness was a familiar feeling now and I was starting to get tired of it.

There was a small knock on the door and a small head poked itself into the room. A small girl appeared beside it along with a young boy who was only a year or two older then the girl. Placing my cup down I sat up straight to look at the two young people.

“Good morning.” I said lightly as the girl looked around nervously “Please take a seat.” The boy scrambled into the seat as fast as he could and he was eager to tell me something while the girl gripped the front of her dress in her two tiny hands and slowly made her way over towards the other chair.

As she scrambled into the chair the boy grinned at me. “Mr Alpha. We understand that you’re busy” He started as he leaned onto my wooden desk and placed dirty finger prints on the shiny outside of it. “But I have a project at school. We have to do an interview with someone that they think is important in the pack and since you’re the alpha I think your very important.” Chuckling I nodded as he rummaged through his coat pocket and brought out a piece of paper with some typed writing on it.

“What is your name?” He asked me before looking up at me with his big brown eyes.

Passing him a pencil off the desk I replied “Isaac Jordan Waylon.” He scribbled it down and looked back at me.

“Position in the pack… Alpha” He muttered before writing it down and smoothing out the paper and squinting his eyes at the paper “What do you do in your position?” He looked up at me and I smiled at him.

“I protect the pack from rogues and other packs by making treaties or chasing them off.” He scribbled it down on the paper while sticking is tongue out the side of his mouth. “Um how long have you had the position?” He looked up at me and I sat back in my seat.

“Well I started dealing with pack problems when I was fourteen but I was actually handed the position when I was sixteen so… four to six years.” He scribbled it down again and then read the last question.

“Why did you choose this position in the pack?”

“I didn’t. It was handed down to me by the packs old beta, Kent.”

“Why not your daddy?” The young girl asked and I looked towards her.

“Well my father had died before he could pass it down to me.” Or even meet me, I reminded myself in my mind. Before she could open her mouth there was a knock on the door. “Come in.” I shouted towards the door. A young boy at about the age of seventeen or eighteen opened the door.

“Alpha I’m sorry but-“ His eyes locked onto the younger girls and he instantly rushed over to her. “Susie. I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” He rushed over to the young girl and lifted her into his arms and nuzzled her neck lightly. He eyes looked over the room before landing on the smaller boy. “Darrel did you tell your sister to run off with you? You know your mother will have my neck if she found out that you had run off again with your sister. I was supposed to be watching both of you.”

Clearing my throat I stood up. “It’s alright…” Not knowing his name he bowed to me before speaking.

“My names Zac alpha, I’m so sorry that they bothered you-“

“No they didn’t. Darrel here was just doing a project for school with me and his younger sister was perfectly safe.”

“Thank you so much for looking after my mate and her brother.” The word mate sprung something in my chest and I smiled lightly.

“It’s no problem.”

“Thank you mister alpha” Darrel shouted to me as they left the room leaving me chuckling.

Lauren’s POV

Brothers? It was unusual that siblings would turn rogue together no matter still travelling together. I was surprised at first until they both moved forward towards me and Yasmine and sniffed us lightly. One of them growled at me and I growled right back sending the message that I was a ‘rogue’ and they had to deal with.

Letting out a huff the larger of the two brothers changed back and glared at me “Are you heading north?” James nodded his large wolf head and dug at the ground indicating that we should start going. It was so difficult to communicate when we couldn’t communicate telepathically. Groaning mentally I watched as the brother morphed back into his wolf form and took off running again. Sighing I took off after them.

Mother. My son’s voice came into my mind and I slowed my pace and growled lightly. Mother please come home.

‘How the heck are you able to contact me?’ I instantly asked him back and there was a short silence.

I’m using all of my alpha power to do this. I’ll probably be passed out for the next few days. There was another silence. Are you actually rogue?

Snorting I rolled my eyes ‘No. I would never be so stupid. This if for your father’

My father and your mate is dead mother and you know it.

‘He’s not dead Isaac and even if he is then I have to agilest try’ I heard him sigh in the connection before I cut him off. As soon as I did I realised that I was way behind the other and I stopped in my tracks. When I slowed my pace I didn’t realise that I was going that slow.

Sniffing the floor I smelt their trace. Glad that is was still slightly strong I followed it slowly making sure I followed their every step. I started to near a river and I slowly trudged through it before emerging the other side to smell the floor. Their scent was strong here as well and looked up to see all four of them frozen. Coming up to them I saw them staring deep into the forest but not really looking at anything.

What the heck is happening?

So did you like? Hate? Again sorry for the long update and it not being short