Chapter twenty-one

Don't hate me please. School is hard and I have a chemistry test coming up and this had been playing on my mind so I decided to write a chapter. I was going to put it on hold but I do want to finish it. I'm sorry

Enjoy

Yasmine's POV

The feeling of the bed dropping beside me made me crack my eyes open before I rolled over to face the opposite wall. I knew who it was and I was in no mood to talk to him. I felt the shuffling of clothes and then the sheets being moved back before comfortably being blaced around me once more a long with a new set of arms.

"I know your angry at me." I heard him mutter in my ear as he nuzzled into my neck making me shiver in delight "But I promise that everything I do is for the best of us." I pulled away from him and I heard him sigh. "Fine you want to be like that then be a bitch." He grumbled under his breath and I sat up and glared down at him.

"You are such a dick." I growled at him as I jumped from the bed. "Why did I even mate with you?" Throwing my arms up in annoyance I watched as he sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed. 

"You regret mating with me?" He asked and I turned away from him to looked into te mirror in front of me. In the darkness of the room, I could only just make out his figure on the bed as I ran my hands on the marble of the dresser beside it.

"No. i just regret mating to you so soon. I should of let you sort your life out before even thinking about any of this and-"

"Hey, hey it's fine." He said as he came up behind me as wrapped his arms around my waist. "You didn't know about any of this when we decided to mate and we did it on instinct."

"Your mother waited..." I told him trailing off slightly and he pulled away.

"My father was a monster. No wonder she wouldn't mate with him." He laughed before he sat back on the bed.

"He's not a monster." I said as I turned back to him. He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "He sarcrificed his life for his pack and everyone in it. He saved everyone in this pack-"

"He hurt my mother." He growled before he snapped his eyes to mine. "Why are you sticking up for him?"

"He has been nothing but nice to me-"

"So? Shouldn't you be loyal to your mate? He is disgusting-"

"He has no memory of anything past that point and he doesn't even remember mating with your mother for the first time. You don't know how horrible that feels but it must agonising. He can't even remember making his own son and you seem to be blind to everything that he has done right for your mother." I turned towards the door and just as I openned I spoke again "And you are just like him in every way. Even tho you haven't me physically, you are selfish and need to grow up." 

Issac (Son) POV

Walking around the library seemed more pleasent then usual. I plucked books from the shelve and looked down at it. It was a old novel that one of the alphas brothers had written. I had read it before. It was about living in the shadow of his older brother and at this moment I knew just exactly how he felt. I had been living in my fathers shadow since I had taken the alpha role. Growling, I shoved the book back into the bookcase ruffly.

"Bad sleep?" I jerked my head to the side at the voice. Kent stood there with a raised eyebrow and a curious gaze. 

"Are you here to critisize my every move to or are you here to give me a deal that I will never be able to uphold." Kent gazed over me for a moment before he leaned against the large bookcase. 

"Neither." I sighed and sat down in the nearby sofa and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm just here to check out some books for my son."

"Your son?" I asked and he nodded with a chuckle "Why?"

"Even he has to research the history. Sure he can fight and he's even beaten his old man but he still has a lot to learn here such as how to keep his alpha happy when he is clearly acting like a child." I snapped my head up at the remark and narrowed my eyes at him.

"What?" Kent shrugged his shoulders before he straightened up and walked over to me. 

"Have you heard the story about the alpha who lead his pack into the ground." I looked up at him and frowned. "Maybe you've heard of the pack. Gordan Rock." I racked my brain trying to find a name to some infomation but I came up empty. I looked up at the old man and shook my head. He chuckled and sat down on the arm of the chair.

"Of cause you haven't. You have forgotten to take your history lessons."

"Back to the story old man." I urged and Kent crossed his arms in front of his chest as he began.

"The alpha's name was William Gordan. His father Oliver had died in battle many years before and when William turned sixteen he took over pack thinking he was ready for the challange as he was stronger than the most trained warrior in the pack and yet he would not listen to his elders. They gave his books and wisdom to carry him into his first few years of leading the pack but he did not listen. he thought books were useless bits of trees that had no need to be made into paper and into books.

He never read them.He never read about how there was a long lasting hatred for his pack by the Sanderman pack and he didn't know they had been at peace for hundreds of years because his pack had been giving them recourses and patrolling their western boarder for them and when Alpha William cut off the supplies and restricted any patrol member from setting foot near their boarder all hell broke loose around him. He was attacked and he had no allies to send help for as he had lost them from his weak warriors that he was producing. His nearest ally that he managed to keep was his cousins pack but they were hundreds of miles away from them and it would take weeks before they reached them meaning that he had no help and he knew that he led his pack into his downfall.

He was killed two days into the war. The war lasted for two weeks after his death. The Sanderman Pack now have claim to every intch of what used to be Williams land. They took mercy on the citizeans that lived in the parts and the Alpha, Godrick at the time protected them and even allowed the oldest of warriors to live and throughout the battle only killed two people. The alpha and his Luna as his warriors was on strick orders to only take prisoners and kill no one." Kent cleared his throat and looked back up at me.

"Have you learned your lesson young alpha? Have you don't any research on past wars or about your ancestors and who they were related to?"

"A little but-"

"A little?" He barked in laughter "A little reading didn't stop a war Isaac. Learning their weaknesses and what they have used in the past has though."

"Then how come my father was able to be dragged away even if he had done a lot of reading." Kent raised his eyebrow to his question and sighed.

"Rogues are hard to predict. Even the strongest alpha can't fight away a group of how big that pack was. It was unusually big even for a pack of rogues like that but their leader is dead now meaning that you can go back to studying your father can go back to doing what he does best. Fixing things."

I sighed at thought of my father having to fix the 'mess' that I had caused. "I didn't do that bad of a job did I?" I asked the old man truthfully. He got up from the couch and let out a loud breath.

"Take it this way. If you were alpha for three more years, there wouldn't be an alpha anymore." I froze in my spot and watched him walk away.

What did he mean there wouldn't be an alpha? My pack was planning on throwing a rebellion against me or were they just going to leave?

I sunk into the seat thinking about the pack. Was I that hated?

Vote, comment, fan

Thank you everyone