Chapter 15

Abigail's pov

Empty.

Why can't I feel anything.

Because our mate was never really out mate Abigail. My wolf whispered.

Which mate though? I started sobbing.

Chance Carlson has found another mate. We were meant to be with Chase the whole time Abby, you and I both knew this. We just couldn't process it.

I shook my head and let the tears run freely down my cheeks.

"I told you that you had sacrafices to make, yet you chose not to listen." A voice said. I opened my eyes and pushed my body up as much as I could to see who had said that.

The witch.

"I told you it would be awhile before I came back." She spoke.

"Of course I ignored you, I would never kill my mates for my own sake." I growled at her.

"Correction: Mate." She raised her index finger.

"Wait, you mean I still have a mate?" I asked confused. I thought I lost them both.

"Yes, Chase."

"You mean, my real mate was Chase all along?"

"Yes."

"Oh." I won't lie, I'm disappointed, not because Chase is my real mate, but because I wasn't able to keep both of them.

Chance pov

Mate.

Mate? What about Abigail? Oh my gosh did she die?

I shifted back into my human form and collapsed to the ground. I started hyperventilating at the thought of me already finding my second chance mate.

"Mate." I heard a soft voice say infront of me. I looked up and saw a dark skinned girl with piercing blue eyes looking down at me. Her carmel colored hair just reached below her shoulders covering half of her face.

(Candice Boucher plays her.)

I just then realized, I was naked.

"Crap." I muttered, starting to feel self concious," Could you uh, turn around?" I asked the girl.

"Oh. Yeah, hold on." I waited for her to say it was okay when I suddenly felt a blanket being draped over my back.

"Okay I'm turned around." She announced. I quickly got up from the ground and wrapped the blanket around my waist.

"Alright." I whispered.

She slowly turned around and looked at me. She was the same height as me, while Abigail was much shorter.

"Your my mate." She said lovingly.

"No. I'm Abigail's mate, not yours." I replied harshly. She looked taken aback.

I refuse to believe Abigail is dead. She's my mate, my true mate. I need to call Chase.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Hold on." I patted my thigh where my phone would usually be but realized I left it at home, plus I didn't have pants on.

"Could I borrow your phone?" I asked the girl. She nodded and handed it over to me. I typed Chase number in and dialed.

"Hello." he said through the phone.

"Do you still feel your mate bond between you and Abigail?" I rushed.

"Yes why?" he asked unsure.

"I have to go." I hung up with him after I said that and looked at the girl before me.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Lea." She spoke softly.

"Lea." I said her name, liking the sound of her name rolling off my tongue. She shuddered as I said her name, she liked it too.

"What's yours?"

"Chance." I replied. She smiled at me.

I don't know what to do. Do I leave her here or bring her home with me?

"How are you?" She asks randomly.

"Not so great." I reveal. She looks at me and just nods awkwardly.

"You need to come home with me." I tell her. She widens her eyes at my outburst.

"Oh- um, no?"

"Please." I beg her. She looks unsure but ends up coming home with me.

When we reach my house I see Abigail's little sister knocking on our door.

"Hey Delilah." I say. She turns around and her eyes brightens when she sees me. When she looks past me and sees Lea her smile falters.

"Hey Chance, I have some good news." She announced, her eyes finally leaving Lea's.

"Let's go inside." I open the door and see Chase pacing around the living room biting his thumbnail. When he looks up and sees me he stops pacing.

"Who's this?" He asks me, looking at Lea.

"This is Lea." I reply. I look at Lea noticing she was hurt I didn't say she was my mate.

"Cool?" Chase says looking at me oddly.

"I have news." Delilah says sitting down on my couch.

"Does it involve Abigail?!" Chase questions.

"Yes. You might want to sit down for this." She looks up at me pats the space next to her, indicating for me sit next to her.

After we sit down Delilah takes a deep breath and trumpets," I think I know where Abigail is."