Chapter 13

Abigail pov

"You look absolutely stunning Cammy."

"Thank you Abby, you do as well." Cammy said looking away from the mirror and back at me.

It took alot of sweet talk to get Chance and Chase to let me go to this party with Cammy without them. Eventually we took a vote on whether or not I should go to the party.

They both said no. I said yes.

Obviously I won.

Although I have to text them every hour to let them know I'm fine, I'm honestly excited to have a girls night out with my best friend.

"Ready to go?" Cammy asked.

"Yup."

* * *

The drive to Nathan's house was pretty short since he lived close by.

I was suprised that there weren't any teenagers passed out on the lawn yet, considering the party was already in full swing.

"Come on." Cammy says opening the door and walking up the driveway.

When we got inside the music was on so loud it felt like my ears were gonna start bleeding. Cammy lead me to a group of girls who I'm guessing I was suppose to know.

I noticed one of the girls in the group was in my biology class, Vivian.

"Gail! I haven't seen you at a party in forever!" She screeches. I hate it when people call me that. I just shrug not really knowing how to answer.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. Any of you guys want anything?" Cammy asked. All of the girls and Vivian shook there heads no.

"I'll have a water." I tell her. She nods and walks away.

"So Gail, have you found your mate yet?" Vivian asked.

"Yup and I adore them to peices." I put emphasis on 'them'.

"What a shame. I mean I'm glad for you although I'm happy I haven't found my mate yet."

"Why is that?" I ask her.

"Well I like not having a mate right now at such a young age. It let's me be whoever I want and be with whoever I want." She explained.

"Yeah but a mate also gives you a purpose with life, a best friend, lover." I rant.

"I think it would be better if we found our mates at an older age like 25 or something. That way we're more mature and less likely to reject our mate for somthing stupid like popularity."

"What your saying makes alot of sense but if we found our mates now it will help us set a path for our lifes." How dare she disrespect the moon goddess by questioning her destiny for us.

"No actually I wanna set a path for myself. I don't want my mate to do that for me."

"Whoever said your mate would."

"Look, If I find my mate at this age, fine. But I'm not wrong with the way I think our lives should be."

"No actually, your wrong."

"No I'm not." Vivian says harshly.

"Yes you are."

"No."

"You pronounced yes wrong."

"You know what, I don't need this. Come on girls let's leave this party, it's full of idiots and I'm allergic to idiots." She tells her group of friends.