[twenty two]

The lunch table was quiet and awkward to say the least.

Hermione bit her lip anxiously as she and the rest of their friends waited for the food that Narcissa Malfoy had ordered. The Malfoy matriarch insisted on eating out for lunch before they all went to the Ministry for Lucius' trial. 

Blaise, on the other hand, was one awkward exchange of words away from bursting into laughter. The scene in front of him wasn't anything he'd ever thought he'd see for himself in real life. Narcissa was seated, prim and proper as usual, at the head of their table that was strategically located in one of the secluded rooms of the restaurant. To her right was Draco, who was next to a very nervous-looking Hermione trying to avoid Blaise's smirks in front of her. 

Theo cleared his throat, giving Hermione an encouraging smile before speaking "Auntie Cissa, I'm sure Draco has told you about our upcoming Quidditch game in a few weeks. Are you coming to watch?"

Narcissa smiled kindly at Theodore, a boy she's seen as one of her own for the longest time "I'll be there cheering for my boys as always, Theodore. I'm surprised you even have to ask."

Blaise winked at Hermione before turning to face Narcissa "You should sit next to Hermione, Auntie Cissy. I'm sure you two will waste no vocal chords cheering for your boys." 

Hermione almost choked on her water

"That's a brilliant idea, Blaise." Narcissa smiled coolly, but raised a brow at Hermione "Though, I'm not sure she'll be cheering for Slytherin."

Pansy bit her lip to keep her from laughing, earning her a little nudge from Celine "Oh! No, of course I'll be cheering for Slytherin." Hermione almost choked out "I'll wear Draco's number and all."

"I wonder what Potter has to say about that." Draco smirked, but Hermione merely slapped his leg under the table in warning 

"I'm surprised you aren't playing this year, Pansy dear." Narcissa commented

"I thought I'd give all the boys a chance to end their Hogwarts years with their ego in tact." Pansy chuckled "I'm happy to be watching from the sidelines this year."

"Pansy's being humble." Goyle rolled his eyes a Pansy who stuck her tongue out at him like a child "She didn't want Draco to get into trouble. Our housemates might think that Draco's playing favorites if he ends up picking all of us to be a part of the team."

"That's very thoughtful of you, sweetheart." Narcissa smiled at Pansy kindly 

"Oh you know, just being my normal thoughtful self." Pansy laughed and sipped from her water graciously 

'Right, she and Draco used to date. I'm sure she's already got Narcissa's approval the minute she found out about it.' Hermione thought to herself. Suddenly, her insecurities were back. She looked at the faces of her friends in front of her, all smiling and seemingly at ease, and she couldn't help but feel like an outsider looking in. Was this what they felt whenever they were with Hermione's friends? She sighed and peered up at Draco, who only returned her look with a curious expression

"Celine, how is Hogwarts treating you?" Narcissa asked, getting everybody's attention once again "Are they taking care of you well?" she gestured to everyone on the table. Just then, the food began to arrive, and Hermione found herself more interested in her Truffle pasta than she was in the current conversation. Has Draco noticed?

Celine smiled beautifully "Hogwarts has been great, Aunt Cissa." she nodded "These goons didn't waste time welcoming me to the house and showing me around. The only downside is this new law. I mean, if I had stayed back in Beauxbatons I wouldn't have had to participate in it."