[fifty nine]

Hermione had her face in her hands the rest of the ride to Malfoy manor. Still reeling from what Blaise had shown her, she suppressed several sighs as the gears in her head began to move.

She understood Theo's plan, but it just wasn't brilliant enough.

Otherwise, would they be here right now?

Blaise watched her cautiously, unsure of how to help her "We're here." He said as he glanced out the window to see the large estate. Hermione breathed deeply and nodded, sitting up straight "Do you see Kingsley?"

"The Minister is at the front door." Blaise's voice sounded hesitant as the carriage pulled up by the front gates, the magical wards preventing it from flying straight into the property.

"What's wrong?"

"The house hasn't been fixed." Blaise narrowed his eyes

"The house—oh." Hermione said as she saw what he meant.

The visions from Blaise's memory of Draco wreaking havoc on his manor resurfaced in Hermione's mind as she took the sight of the house in. The gazebo had been put out of flames, by the elves no doubt, but there were still shattered pieces of glass and stone all over the ground "Why hasn't this been cleaned up?" Hermione muttered as she hopped out of the carriage with Blaise.

"You best ask the elves." Blaise said, offering his arm for support "Shall we?"

Hermione silently took his arm, taking in the sight of the wreckage in front of them. She felt her quickened heartbeat pounding through her chest as she looked at the manor "He's alive, right? That light, it'll be glowing, right?"

Blaise felt a little sense of déjà vu. Wasn't he here with Draco just the other evening, too? For the same reason? He sighed "He's alive. He should be." Blaise agreed.

Hermione steadied her breaths and began to walk ahead, meeting Kingsley at the front steps "Kingsley." She greeted with a nod.

"Happy to see you breathing, Hermione." The Minister sighed "I arrived to it looking like this. I don't suppose one of you can explain?"

"Draco had a bit of a fit after he watched Hermione be taken." Blaise pursed his lips "I thought the elves would deal with it but..."

"Frodo?" Hermione called out, unsure whether the Malfoy house elf would answer to her.

"Miss?" The elf had popped right in front of them, in a proper bow. Hermione felt a little uneasy.

"How come the wreckage is still here? I don't mean to sound awful, just curious." Hermione shook her head.

"Mistress Narcissa instructed the elves, miss, not to touch anything whilst the manor is rebuilt, miss." The elf bowed again "Frodo wants to clean it miss, but Frodo is not sure if he can."

Hermione looked around "Have the constructors seen this?" Her heart clenched at the amount of destruction. Draco must've been so distraught.

"Constructors not due until tomorrow, miss. Taking a break, mistress Narcissa said."

"I see. Would you mind cleaning it up now, then?" Hermione forced herself to smile "I'll speak with Narcissa."

The elf smiled so widely at the thought of the work "Thank you, miss! Elves will get to work now!"

"Share the work, Frodo."

"Of course!" And then he was gone.

"Apart from this, everything seems to be clear." Kingsley said, his hand still around his wand "Shall I come with you upstairs?"