[eleven]

Draco groaned as he opened his eyes to wake. His back was cramping from his position of sitting on the floor - he must have fallen asleep when he rested his head on the end of his bed. With a sigh, he stood to stretch, glancing at the sleeping figure in his bed.

"Granger, please stop crying - it's been an hour." Draco said quietly

"I'm not enough, is that it? Was I not enough?" Hermione cried into her hand; the other was still in Draco's.

"Let me get you some water, at least. This isn't healthy." Draco said, trying to pry his hand away from hers so he can get up from their common room's couch

"If I knew he was just looking for affection then maybe I shouldn't have given him the space to grieve!" Hermione sobbed

"Hermione, please let go of my hand so I can get you some water. You've been sobbing for over an hour, you're severely dehydrated." Draco sighed

"If I let go, y-you'll go out to beat him up. I know you." Hermione said, looking up at him with the biggest, saddest, brown eyes Draco has ever seen

"Oh Granger you break my heart." Draco whispered as he took her state in. Her face was tear-stained as ever, her eyes were red and sad, and her hands were shaking - from hurt or frustration he did not know, but it took everything in him not to run out the room to beat the hell out of Ronald Weasley.

This was Hermione Granger they were talking about. The girl whom he has hurt beyond repair, but was kind enough to forgive him, befriend him, and give him another chance - another hope. A heart as soft as hers shouldn't be treated like this. He made that mistake once, and he doesn't recommend it being done again.

"I promise I won't come out looking for him. I'll just get you some water." he said, drawing small circles on her hand with his thumb

"Are you a wizard or not? Just summon some." Hermione sniffled, her grip on his hand still tight as rope

"Even upset, your attitude shows." Draco rolled his eyes playfully "I'll go and make you some hot chocolate then. To make up for all the bitterness Weasley left you with."

"Good idea." Hermione hiccuped as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. She finally let go of his hand, and fell into the couch's throw pillows - sobbing in a position that princesses in movies would do when they cried.

"Damn, first month in, but I never thought I'd see her like this" Draco muttered as he stirred a mug of chocolate, carefully adding white marshmallows on top just like how his mother did for him. By the time he reached the couch, Hermione's eyes were closed but tears were still streaming down her face.

Draco thought she was awake, until he realized that she was crying even in her sleep "Merlin, help me." He muttered. The position she was in didn't look comfortable at all. So Draco, being the good man he was trying to be, picked her up and walked her up to her room.

Only it was locked.

"Of course she'd lock it with an enchantment only she knew how to put off." he groaned and tried to pass through the connecting bathroom - but still to no avail.

With a sigh, and one last look of pity, he put her down on his bed and sat on the floor next to it.

It was five in the morning, just two hours until they have to come down for breakfast. Draco had slept the whole night in that awful position that his back didn't feel quite right. He glanced down at Hermione to check if she was sleeping well enough for him to leave, before walking down to take a nap on the couch.